TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody. I've been looking for the perfect dual sport for years and was never struck with anything the way I have been with the TW200. I am totally in love with it. I discovered the bike (and this forum) about a month ago. After searching locally for a t-dub and failing, I checked out my local dealership. Long story short, my 2015 will be dropped off at my house tomorrow afternoon. I plan on using the bike (partially) for my 10 mile round trip commute so I worked a 47 tooth rear sprocket into the deal. I already have a long list of mods that I plan on doing and I'm exciting to learn from all of you.

If there are any members in the southern Mass area who want to go for a ride, drop me a line.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
welcome. Break it in properly and enjoy it for a looong time to come.

Tom

·
Registered
281 Posts
Welcome aboard, Jim! icon_thumbup.gif

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
That's cool! You will have to come join the "James" gang for a ride. That's me, Turtledub, and JB882, all named Jim. Which is good, because I have a hard time remembering names. We also have Mrs Trip and the lovely Ms 882 (neither of whom is named "Jim"), and we're gonna let Oilhed come along as soon as his name change is official!

·
Registered
1,931 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
667 Posts
Welcome to T-DubVille. I joined this forum 2 years ago with intentions of getting a TW but ended up not getting one until just recently. There's a mountain of information on this forum on mods.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Welcome. If you think you love that rig now just wait until you ride it for a while.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hello everybody. I've been looking for the perfect dual sport for years and was never struck with anything the way I have been with the TW200. I am totally in love with it. I discovered the bike (and this forum) about a month ago. After searching locally for a t-dub and failing, I checked out my local dealership. Long story short, my 2015 will be dropped off at my house tomorrow afternoon. I plan on using the bike (partially) for my 10 mile round trip commute so I worked a 47 tooth rear sprocket into the deal. I already have a long list of mods that I plan on doing and I'm exciting to learn from all of you.

If there are any members in the southern Mass area who want to go for a ride, drop me a line.

Hi Jim James, Welcome to the Forum,

In the 1970s-1994 I lived off and on in SE MASS, I live out in Utah now. Hope you have fun on your new TW

·
Registered
267 Posts
JimJames, welcome to the Mad House...and...The Greatest Show on Earth. This is a great community of riders, as experienced by our recent family re-union in Moab. Yeah !

Mike (too many years college spent in Mass):hello:
TWilight, did you visit Kenmore Square back in your college years under the big Citgo sign past the Green Monster? I remember as a kid it was damaged and the energy crisis had city leaders not wanting its lights fixed. They cited it as "Energy Waste" and wanted it torn down. Then finally it was desinated as part of Bostons nastalgia/history and funded for repair. Currently it's protected, a permanent part of Boston skyline.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The Boston University Bookstore is the building holding the sign. I believe it still lights up. When I worked at the bookstore we'd go to the roof and watch the Marathon. We'd be right under the sign, when that close the thing is HUGE! !

TWilight, did you visit Kenmore Square back in your college years under the big Citgo sign past the Green Monster? I remember as a kid it was damaged and the energy crisis had city leaders not wanting its lights fixed. They cited it as "Energy Waste" and wanted it torn down. Then finally it was desinated as part of Bostons nastalgia/history and funded for repair. Currently it's protected, a permanent part of Boston skyline.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
The Boston University Bookstore is the building holding the sign. I believe it still lights up. When I worked at the bookstore we'd go to the roof and watch the Marathon. We'd be right under the sign, when that close the thing is HUGE! !

Yet the Citgo sign is still lit up. They changed it to led lighting not too long ago so no more neon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome. We live in Boston but have a place in NH.

I thought I bought a TW200 last season. The reason I onl thought so was that when I got home, my wife said, "Mine."

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice bike, Jim. For on the road commuting, I put a 15 drive sprocket and a 47 driven sprocket on mine. That gave me about a 10mph increase in top speed and reduced engine RPMs at lower speeds.
The bike still has plenty of low end torque for off-road, but doesn't crawl quite as good. As soon as these knobbies are worn down, I'm getting a hybrid set of more street friendly tires.
I am tired of that whining noise the knobbies make on asphalt.
Enjoy your new bike.
Bill
2009 TW200

·
Registered
124 Posts
I use the seat pad in their picture - Streans, got it at Walmart. Maybe $20? I'll don't remember. Mine has faded but is still cushy.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I have the seat concepts kit on both of mine. I am not real handy with upholstery so i had them do them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts