TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, Great forum.

Greetings all,

I got my 2000 Tw200 about a year ago and I love this forum. I thought it was about time introduce myself and say hi to the group.

Im living in the Bay Area, California. The Tw200 is great for scooting around a city like this because its just quick enough to handle any city streets, nimble, and its great on gas, and you can park it pretty much anywhere. Unfortunately we dont have very many trails to ride; none the less I love this thing, as a matter of fact it was the same type of bike I learned to ride on when I took the motorcycle safety class.

I like how the Tw200 can be tailored to each person individual style. We were back in Japan one Fall and these bikes are very popular there. Thats when I took notice to this particular bike again. I guess you can say my favorite style for my Tw200 is the Japanese hollow mod style.

I will be following up with another post about my build when I get the chance. It's already in progress. XS400 tank, Rear Hoop, Extended Swing arm, K180 tires, racetech emmulators, Procycle suspension etc... Im really excited about this as I've been slowly collecting parts for about year now and just starting the breakdown about 2 weeks ago.

Cheers to all,
Cali510

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Sounds like a great build! Welcome

·
Registered
319 Posts
I never like to see a bike in pieces.

Good things to come!

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Welcome aboard Mr. Cali!
Anxious to see your project advance...

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
First off, Great forum.

Greetings all,

I got my 2000 Tw200 about a year ago and I love this forum. I thought it was about time introduce myself and say hi to the group.

Im living in the Bay Area, California. The Tw200 is great for scooting around a city like this because its just quick enough to handle any city streets, nimble, and its great on gas, and you can park it pretty much anywhere. Unfortunately we dont have very many trails to ride; none the less I love this thing, as a matter of fact it was the same type of bike I learned to ride on when I took the motorcycle safety class.

I like how the Tw200 can be tailored to each person individual style. We were back in Japan one Fall and these bikes are very popular there. Thats when I took notice to this particular bike again. I guess you can say my favorite style for my Tw200 is the Japanese hollow mod style.

I will be following up with another post about my build when I get the chance. It's already in progress. XS400 tank, Rear Hoop, Extended Swing arm, K180 tires, racetech emmulators, Procycle suspension etc... Im really excited about this as I've been slowly collecting parts for about year now and just starting the breakdown about 2 weeks ago.

Cheers to all,
Cali510
Welcome !! :D

You have riders in your area, George (bananachunks) I am sure would help you! :D

And he is just one of them that I can think of at the present moment.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
WOW!! You weren't kidding when you said "Tare Down"! Looks like a lot of work / fun ahead! Remember to document the process with plenty of pics, not just to show to us, but you will be glad to have them down the road to remember & reflect upon. :cool: m.

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

There is a good group of TW Forum members here in the bay area. We have gotten together for various group rides, Wrench & Rides, etc., over the past few years.

Best of luck with your rebuild, and let us know if you get stuck or need any help. We are always happy to provide bad advice and poor workmanship ;)!

Brian

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

There is a good group of TW Forum members here in the bay area. We have gotten together for various group rides, Wrench & Rides, etc., over the past few years.

Best of luck with your rebuild, and let us know if you get stuck or need any help. We are always happy to provide bad advice and poor workmanship ;)!

Brian
I might add; Famous, well loved, multi talented, ask anything, help anyone, kind of TW Forum Members...

Sorry, it just needed a bit more clarification. :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
From another new Dub owner. Have fun here as this site is almost as much fun as actually riding.
I agree, my phone officially says I view this forum more often than facebook. Proud moment because if I am bored and look at my phone or computer I was looking at facebook which is a waste of time but now I come here which is a good use of my time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts