TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening folks. I just stumbled across this forum looking for accessories for the tw and just decided to join. I have not purchased one yet as I wanted to read, ask and learn about it from actual owners/riders about the pros and cons of the tw. Thank you and look forward to reading as much as I can.

·
Super Moderator
18,066 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! :D

Reactions: lugnut and Ken

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Are you sure you want to enter a world where even a 12 step plan can't cure our addiction? We love fresh meat here and a few of us even know which oil is best for the TW. There are those who can spend your money better than you and your wife combined. We have members not to far from you and others who are far out but all in all a pretty stable group. We are not allowed to discuss politics but I like Trump and don't much care what others think. No drinking, smoking or cussing either but damn it I left my smokes at the bar. Guns and ammo are kind of frowned upon so keep your check book locked and loaded and ready for action.
The only questions considered dumb are the ones you don't ask. When you get your TW, new or used, change the damn front tire and for Gods sake ask here before you or your dealer ever changes the oil filter. If you have a wife or a GF you might as well get her a TW too or risk loosing it all. If going fast is your thing then just go buy some other bike. TWs are famous for getting you there and back but not necessarily being first on race day. From my house to town is 11 miles but I usually get there in around 25 miles by taking the short cuts through the mountains. We have a mixed bag of old and young, boys and girls and even some fine ladies and all are welcome. Don't believe any of the BS about the 1987s being the fastest, it just a figment of LTs imagination and he is one of the miserable moderators we love to bust chops on.

If you are replying to something someone said then click on the "reply with quote" in the bottom right and start typing past the bottom (Quote) of that posters words. If you like something someone said then click the Like button also in the lower right. All kidding aside we do try to curb our tongues and not fight with others here. Doesn't always work but most of us do try.

Welcome to the nut house and without pictures it never happened.

GaryL

·
Registered
69 Posts
Welcome and happy hunting for your TW. This site was an invaluable resource before I bought a lightly abused '99, as I sorted out the electrics, and while I got it "just-so". I have a slow bike (TW), a fast bike (SV650), and an old rat (CM450): the TW is excellent for in-town scoots but you should beware of the effort and sounds you will both make if having to travel above 65 MPH for any extended period of time. The TW has been absolutely excellent while exploring abandoned quarries, bombing past the gates on forest service roads, or looking cool in the liquor store parking lot. I took her to Barber last year and smiled 'til my face hurt. As mentioned elsewhere on this site recently: if you do end up with a TW, keep it!

·
Super Moderator
18,066 Posts
Great post Gary!!
I just got picked on by Hoot and Admiral, so now you're on the list too!! I'll git cha for this!! :p

87's are still the fastest!! <<<(highlight this area for hidden message)

Are you sure you want to enter a world where even a 12 step plan can't cure our addiction? We love fresh meat here and a few of us even know which oil is best for the TW. There are those who can spend your money better than you and your wife combined. We have members not to far from you and others who are far out but all in all a pretty stable group. We are not allowed to discuss politics but I like Trump and don't much care what others think. No drinking, smoking or cussing either but damn it I left my smokes at the bar. Guns and ammo are kind of frowned upon so keep your check book locked and loaded and ready for action.
The only questions considered dumb are the ones you don't ask. When you get your TW, new or used, change the damn front tire and for Gods sake ask here before you or your dealer ever changes the oil filter. If you have a wife or a GF you might as well get her a TW too or risk loosing it all. If going fast is your thing then just go buy some other bike. TWs are famous for getting you there and back but not necessarily being first on race day. From my house to town is 11 miles but I usually get there in around 25 miles by taking the short cuts through the mountains. We have a mixed bag of old and young, boys and girls and even some fine ladies and all are welcome. Don't believe any of the BS about the 1987s being the fastest, it just a figment of LTs imagination and he is one of the miserable moderators we love to bust chops on.

If you are replying to something someone said then click on the "reply with quote" in the bottom right and start typing past the bottom (Quote) of that posters words. If you like something someone said then click the Like button also in the lower right. All kidding aside we do try to curb our tongues and not fight with others here. Doesn't always work but most of us do try.

Welcome to the nut house and without pictures it never happened.

GaryL

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Boy you said a lot there. I am guilty of a few of those things you talked about. I am not looking to go fast. I like to take shortcuts and just putt around. I did enough speeding when I was younger and learned a few hard lessons. I really looked at most all the dual sport bikes and the TW is the only one I liked! Why should I change the front tire?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome and happy hunting for your TW. This site was an invaluable resource before I bought a lightly abused '99, as I sorted out the electrics, and while I got it "just-so". I have a slow bike (TW), a fast bike (SV650), and an old rat (CM450): the TW is excellent for in-town scoots but you should beware of the effort and sounds you will both make if having to travel above 65 MPH for any extended period of time. The TW has been absolutely excellent while exploring abandoned quarries, bombing past the gates on forest service roads, or looking cool in the liquor store parking lot. I took her to Barber last year and smiled 'til my face hurt. As mentioned elsewhere on this site recently: if you do end up with a TW, keep it!
Thank you and as I stated, I have gone fast enough in my younger days. I am the grandpa of the group I hang with as I am the one in the back of the pack with the band aids and tools to help the younger guys and gals. By the way, your avatar picture is slightly disturbing!

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Great post Gary!!
I just got picked on by Hoot and Admiral, so now you're on the list too!! I'll git cha for this!! :p

87's are still the fastest!! <<<(highlight this area for hidden message)
Quit yer bichen LT, being poked fun at is a true sign of love and respect. 298,000 posts, now that is another story!;)

GaryL

1 - 20 of 24 Posts