TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not new to bikes, but it's been a while since I've had one on the road.
One of my favorite riding memories is from my MSF class at awesomecycles in Houston. I had their only tw, and loved the way it felt like half of a go cart. I had been riding for a few years when I took the class, and knew a couple of instructors through group rides from a local forum. Sliding it around in the parking lot was a lot of fun. The SV650 I was riding at the time was a lot of fun, too, but the TW was something just special. I really want to get my own TW sometime soon. The only thing stopping me is danged ol' adult responsibilities.
I really like the look of a good hollow mod TW, and it looks like it can be done for fairly cheap, too, which is always a bonus. I have a bad habit of getting a project, dumping too much money into it, and then moving on to the next thing. I just want a cheap TW I can play with and hold on to for a long time.

anyways, I'm at work and nothing's going on, so hey, what's up, how's it going? woo!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Do it. They are one of the few bikes that has appeal for both beginners and experienced riders. I bought one several weeks ago and liked it so much I then ended buying a second one last weekend for the wife. What great fun they are for poking around in the forest. Great for piddling around town too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
some of my old bikes I've built
82 virago 750 bobber. protip- don't bother trying to make a single carb conversion work on the 750. go for the 920 instead.
a dr250s dirtbike café racer that just never went anywhere. I got in over my head with that one.
I'm having a tough time finding any pictures of my other bikes, but the only notable rides were a 2001 sv650 and a 92 vfr750, which I made into a semi naked bike, and it was awesome.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts