TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member. Just bought my new TW this past Saturday. Love it so far as I knew I would. Only have done a little street riding so far. Anyone that knows of good places to ride, please share. I know of Sam Houston National Forest and a few other privately owned ranches that allow riding. Not much beyond that.

Side topic: my front turn signals are reversed...guess I need to take back to dealer if not an easy fix. Discovered it on the ride home.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new bike.

Fairly easy fix. I believe they still use bullet butt connectors. Three wires each side - the extra wire is for running lights. You’ll have to remove the headlight cowl and probably the headlight mounting bracket to be able to properly switch the wires around. While you’re at it, check your clutch spring for proper installation if they mixed up the turn signal wires it might have been a novice doing assembly.

If you have time to take it back to the dealer, it might be a good test of their service. A sign of what you can expect in the future. Cheers

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Welcome aboard, Aggie97...good to have another Texan on the forum, even if he is an Aggie!

Many, many good miles & hours in Sam Houston & Angelina National Forests.
"New Waverly" in Sam Houston.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Beware. Darth will try to lead you to the dark side. But if you ask me, the Sith have way more fun anyway. So join. There's room for more evil in the galaxy.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Welcome aboard, Aggie97...good to have another Texan on the forum, even if he is an Aggie!

Many, many good miles & hours in Sam Houston & Angelina National Forests.
"New Waverly" in Sam Houston.
I am in Montgomery tonight. I have a lot in Hidden Forest Estates, it should really be Shacks instead of estates. You probably know right where this is, very close to New Waverly and 8 miles from the lake.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Didn't know about the "Shanty Town" Ken...I'd probably just stay away from there!

We rode those areas a lot in the mid-70s.
There were single track trails all around the New Waverly area. There was at least one section that we learned of that was open to both dirt bikes and deer bow-hunters...at the same time in hunting season!
My racing partner & I didn't know about it and were riding balls out in some single track on the race bikes and came upon several deer hunters in full camo, arrows nocked, slowly walking on and near the trail.
We were really on them before we saw them. We immediately slowed to a crawl, then slowly rode past them and stayed as quite as we could until we were half a mile or so away.
They looked really pissed off about it, can't blame them a bit.
After many seconds of feeling like I had a target on my back, I was pretty pissed of as well.
Not at them, but at the authorities for allowing both activities at the same time on the same trails. No warning signs, no nothing.
Scary business for us and it likely ruined at least part of their hunt.
If this had been further up in the East Texas' piney woods region, we probably would have had arrows in the ass and our bodies & bikes never found!
Ya just never know...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ive just had a recent holiday in that neck of the woods... Lake Conroe! :)

Didn’t get as far as the SH Forest, but had fun on the Lake with a Rinker V8 mercruiser

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Didn't know about the "Shanty Town" Ken...I'd probably just stay away from there!

We rode those areas a lot in the mid-70s.
There were single track trails all around the New Waverly area. There was at least one section that we learned of that was open to both dirt bikes and deer bow-hunters...at the same time in hunting season!
My racing partner & I didn't know about it and were riding balls out in some single track on the race bikes and came upon several deer hunters in full camo, arrows nocked, slowly walking on and near the trail.
We were really on them before we saw them. We immediately slowed to a crawl, then slowly rode past them and stayed as quite as we could until we were half a mile or so away.
They looked really pissed off about it, can't blame them a bit.
After many seconds of feeling like I had a target on my back, I was pretty pissed of as well.
Not at them, but at the authorities for allowing both activities at the same time on the same trails. No warning signs, no nothing.
Scary business for us and it likely ruined at least part of their hunt.
If this had been further up in the East Texas' piney woods region, we probably would have had arrows in the ass and our bodies & bikes never found!
Ya just never know...
I figured out that loud dirt bikes and chainsaws don't seem to bother deer much. They know its not a threat. We had chainsaws out and here come deer just trotting out. Hunter orange is a big advantage for a deer hunter, it seems to confuse them. I had camo on and moved about an inch one time and the deer leapt about 20' and was gone. I had orange all over me moving around messing with the deer and they watched me like a movie. Off season another time we were running and passed right by a heard of deer standing until I ducked behind some trees to look at them. The deer kept looking up the trail to see what I was running from. I also was walking near a river bank one day and there was about a 4' stump. I hopped on it and about 3 minutes later a deer passed right in front of me on the stump. I didn't have much luck hunting, bad areas usually but I had some neat encounters with deer over time. That multi-use in the national forest at the same time is dangerous.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Conroe is a really nice lake...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good news is I fixed the turn signals myself this weekend. Bad news is my clutch cable either broke or came loose last night while riding. Definitely taking it in for that one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts