TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I've just bought a new, in purple TW125 (hope that's OK on a TW200 forum) . I was riding a Triumph weighing in at 240kg and I only weigh 55 and also I'm 74 so it was getting a bit of a struggle. So the TW is an absolute delight for a stress free ride. It is absolutely standard at present but when it is run in I will probably buy a stainless exhaust system and possibly a selection of rear sprockets as it does seem to be very low geared (14/51) and I will only be riding on the road. Weather here is constantly cold, wet and windy so not getting out on it that much at present but when I do it's great fun. :D

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Darn it sproket42, you made me go to a kilograms to pounds (the weight, not the old British $$) conversion table. 121.254lbs.
Good on you for simply adjusting the weight of you steed rather than giving up the saddle. Age does promote wisdom.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Welcome and post pictures of your rides. I want to see what Ireland looks like.
40 shades of green!

Welcome from another septuagenarian

·
Super Moderator
17,941 Posts
Welcome!! :D

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Welcome from a part Irish Californian.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
welcome Sprocket42......hope you get the weather to enjoy your new steed. my great great grandmother was raised in Rathfriland up north. she was in her teens when she managed to get off the island while everyone else was going hungry. they are making a big deal about this right now. she was one stubborn Irish woman. so bring on the pictures so i can see where she grew up ( with the new bike in the center of coarse)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts