TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been reading for a while and finally snagged a used TW. Been riding for over 20 years but realized I rarely leave the city (San Francisco) or go much beyond 45MPH and yet I ride a 800cc 500 pound Sportster which just seems dumb especially since I'm 5'2" and only 100 lbs. Looked around and settled on the TW cause most of the bikes I've owned I end up customizing and the TW while not as sensible as say a XT225 has a stronger custom following. Another reason for the TW is that since my girlfriend crashed her Triumph T100 and shattered her shoulder she's gone down to a 200cc Twinstar (pic below) cause she's both a bit freaked out riding a big bike again and her muscles and bones are still on the mend since she got her titanium rods removed. Slowly accumulating the parts to hollow the TW so I'm sure I'll be hounding everyone with questions.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just got my TW a month ago, you'll love this site, there are so many ppl that can help with every aspect of riding, just ask.

I look forward to seeing more pictures if and when you customize...
and welcome aboard !!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bought my 2013 just in time to ride memorial weekend!
Rode almost 300 miles in the first three days the typhoon season came to Austin we need need the rain and mud is fun to! I've been riding for years and never had the time for dirt, don't care about speed and hp , hence the TW.
Think I made a good choice ! My face hurt from smiling so much. Hope to take her to Big Bend soon, all TW's long for Big Bend!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts