TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brought this 2001 home tonight. Can't believe everything on it works. Anyone from the Milwaukee area please let me know where the best trails are. Cheers everyone.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Welcome to the addiction!

·
Super Moderator
18,066 Posts
Welcome!! :D

Reactions: Badgerflorida

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MBW - Gotta say I don't really know those roads yet. Plus I need to give this bike a full safety and functionality inspection and then get it titled and registered. Also need to sell my HD VRod. Hope you enjoy your ride.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I'm doing the full safety check and I'm admittedly way too excited about my purchase and go all Spazzy McGee and snap like the fifth bolt I laid a wrench to. After a beer timeout and remembering that this is a 16 year old bike, I went back out to the garage with a can of Blaster PB and my tail between my legs. Good news - all the safety checks so far have come up aces. This forum is awesome - took me three minutes on the parts list to find the part number for the 75 cent bolt I snapped.

·
Registered
928 Posts
So I'm doing the full safety check and I'm admittedly way too excited about my purchase and go all Spazzy McGee and snap like the fifth bolt I laid a wrench to. After a beer timeout and remembering that this is a 16 year old bike, I went back out to the garage with a can of Blaster PB and my tail between my legs. Good news - all the safety checks so far have come up aces. This forum is awesome - took me three minutes on the parts list to find the part number for the 75 cent bolt I snapped.
Do yourself a favor and find your local small hardware shop (Taylor, Ace, etc) and just buy the bolts from them. I've replaced a ton of metric bolts on my bike this way (so many they know me now) and have never regretted it. Just take the broken/stripped bolt with you so you know what you need, buy 2 of everything you replace, and put the spare in a small tackle box for future needs. In the long run, this is less expensive and faster than ordering bolts one-at-a-time online. :)

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tuber - I grew up around Dodgeville and have plenty of farmer friends that would let me go nuts. Near Governor Dodge State Park. Lots of hills.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I tried everything to get the snapped bolts out. In the end, I had to drill and tap them, which was a first for me. If I ever need to do it again, I'll film it and post it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts