TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Welcome from the west coast, Vancouver Island, BC!

Congrats on your purchase :) You've already discovered what a blast they are to ride!

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! :D

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Welcome from southern Nevada.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Welcome from the "Great White North" I have lived all over the U.S. including Kennesaw GA, I miss the winters! Enjoy the bike, ditch the stock front tire and get some handgaurds (I think both mods are pretty universal if going off road with any regularity). Other than that the modifications are endless, usually pretty inexpensive and driven by your use and preference :)

·
Super Moderator
5,325 Posts
Regarding tires – general consensus is the stock rear is about as good as it gets – but the front stock is best used as a porch swing

There’s a running thread on this front choice here - http://tw200forum.com/forum/performance-customization/3635-front-tire-choices.html

But to save you trawling through 31 pages, most people settle on the Shinko 241

There are alternatives out there – and sure, everyone has their preferences – depends on the terrain you’ll be riding over ….

·
Registered
343 Posts
Skinwalker originally posted the link to the handguards he put on. I'm cheap, they're cheap, so I grabbed a set too.
The guard itself is larger than most of the ebay versions and is great for blocking wind on those chilly days, and the aluminum bar is thick and beefy, but easy to bend a bit in a vice to fit perfectly.
I faceplanted once, hard enough to bend the bars, but the handguards didn't bend or break and only suffered a scrape on the plastic. They also protected the levers and controls. ...so they paid for themselves in that one drop.
These ones. Not sure if they're available from different sellers, etc....
Colorful Brush Bar Hand Guards Handguard For 7/8" Universal handlebar Motorcycle | eBay

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Regarding tires – general consensus is the stock rear is about as good as it gets – but the front stock is best used as a porch swing.
Amen to that statement.
The stock front tire likes to follow rain grooves to the point of being scary and is prone to washing-out trying to turn in heavy cobble.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I bought my first TW on Saturday too!
Nice to see new members jumping in and enjoying their rides. Welcome to you both. Start posting simple little replies in other threads to get your post counts up and open the full benefits of the forum such as posting links and pictures. Fill out some info in your forum profile so we have a bit of an idea who we are talking to. Come on BigFatty, NY is a mighty big state that takes close to 8 hours to drive end to end so be a bit more specific. I promise to not come hunt you down from Forestburgh most people can't find on the map. You never know who might be right around the block or just over in the next town from where you are. We have lots of members here in all the counties of NY and all who I have met are just plain good folks. There are some real nice rides here in the lower Catskills and plenty more in the central finger lakes region and the TW is just the ticket because there is always some pavement between the old trails and seasonal use roads. By adding a GPS device to your riding gear you can get lost and found pretty easy up this way.

GaryL

·
Registered
445 Posts
Where in GA are you? I’m in the Savannah area but constantly head down the coast to SSI and Jekyll. If your close let me know if you want to go riding sometime.

Reactions: Ken

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts