TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined up a a month or two or so ago and haven't had a chance to drop in and say hello yet. I've been a long time TW owner and recently got mine rebuilt and going again. Its current form is a trike that I affectionately call the Big Wheelie. It is a purpose built wheelie machine and constant work in progress. Over the past few days I have been able to put quite a few miles down on it and really give it a good shake down.

Here are a few bits of interest about the machine I have and how it got to be what it is today. It started out life with me as a basket case from a yard sale about 13 years ago. I fixed and rode this TW for a few years and really enjoyed my time riding it. It ended up getting put away and moved around for a while and had to sit for the past 10 years. Worse yet parts and pieces of it walked away over the years until I was left with most of a bike. Recently I was staring at the remains of the TW and next to it sit a blown up Blaster. In a flash I had the thought to take the 2 and make 1, thus the Big Wheelie was born.

The TW in question is a 1987, its been striped down to just what's needed or rather what was left or I could find at the moment. From the swing arm back its all from a Blaster four wheeler. Now there was quite a bit of doing involved with making the swing arm, getting the gearing sorted and making somewhat working disc breaks, but that's what it's made of.

I've now ridden it about a dozen or so times and put down a couple hundred miles on it and have really got to shake it down. The wheelies on it are epic and go on forever. There is still a whole lot of work for me to do it to tidy it all up and really make it nice. At some point in the future I will try to start a thread for the bike itself and keep up on all the changes that I make to it and maybe even some of the riding I do with it.

As for myself I build all manor of bikes, cars, trucks and hotrod at my leisure. Most of my rides are what I like to call survivors, pulled out of the grave, resurrected and rode. I am very fortunate to have good solid desert steel out where I'm at. I have a pretty good mix of old school bikes, cars and trucks that I wrench and ride for fun with my crew.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Ecoregion Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Motorcycle

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Welcome aboard, brother! I can dig that '87!!!

Reactions: littletommy and Ken

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
not much good for singletrack, but damn cool for your wide open riding!

love to see a video of it in action!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Am I seing this right? On one pic you have the forks and drum oriented the right way and in other pic it seems you switched it backwards? Is that to change the geometry, since no steering by lean is possible? (At least not easily :D :D )
Yes, you are seeing that correctly. I flipped the forks to change the geometry of the front to see if I liked it. Turns out that it worked out really well and I have decided to keep it that way. Maybe in the future I will flip the fender around the right way.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Is that a 110? I got one of them, but in blue and definitely not as nice as that one. I'm really looking hard for a 250r but haven't found the right one yet.
Well,
I've got a buddy that has an '86 250R that's completely cherry. He's not used it in oh, maybe 10-15 years, if not more. It and, an '86 250R quad are both sitting in an enclosed trailer, in storage. He's one of these types that has a whole ton of stuff like that and will never, ever use any of it. Especially since he's now around 75 years old and is getting more and more frail every day. But, for some odd mental reason, he just flat out refuses to sell anything. It's really too bad since, there's folks out there, maybe like yourself, that are willing to buy what he has. He's also got a '78 Honda 750-4 that's also in cherry condition, JUST SITTING on his rear patio, under a cover. He's never, ever ride it again.
Scott

Reactions: Ken and littletommy

·
Super Moderator
20,142 Posts
Love it bro!! (y) (y) (y)

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
720 Posts
Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
ATC 125M was my first ride (1984). Electric start!
I have a ATC 125M just waiting to be used. I bought it when I had a bunch of Honda 90/125 bikes for an engine swap.

I discovered little, old man bikes that could run faster than 45 mph and the rest is history.

I think, now that the 90/125 Trail Bikes are gone, I should oughta get this 3 wheeler up and running. Never rode one before, but I like the idea.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Three wheelers really are too much fun. I have a Big Red that I have been bugging for to go pick up soon. Add to that a 250r and I will be set.

Lately I have been searching out two strokes, I really want a cr250 or cr500 to add to the madness I have going on. Two strokes are really where it's at for me right now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts