TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone, don't have a bike yet but looking. I all ready need your help on buying a Tw200 I hope you guys can help me out. The bike I'm looking at is on ebay now from Hershey, Pa., I live 90 miles from their. The book price I'm finding on a 2013 with 3,00 miles is around $3,500.00 and the buy it now price is $3300.00, not sure what to do, seems top dollar to me, what do you guys think. Also found one for $2499.00 on a 2007 with 6000 miles at a dealer, now that makes the 2013 sound better ?? From reading your forum, you guys know what your talking about and I sure could use your help.
Thanks, archery22

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
This is just my own personal opinion but I would not pull the trigger on either of them. Not sure if you meant 300 or 3,000 miles on the one.

I think you can find a brand new left over 2013 with full warranty for right around $4,000. I would consider one with only 300 miles close to new and if the price and condition are right then do some haggling with the seller. The ones with 3,000 and 6,000 miles I tend to hold back from unless I can see the owner was big on maintaining it right. In any case, if you are about to pay top dollar then just make sure you are getting a top notch bike that needs nothing and is ready to ride now.

Fill in your profile info so we know where you are and get a feel for the type of riding you do.

GaryL

Reactions: Hoot Gibson

·
Registered
206 Posts
I know the one you're talking about on ebay my friend put a bid on it last time it was up. I just bought mine for 1400$ and its a 98. I've wanted one for years just couldn't find the right used one at the right price. They go so fast. I just couldn't justify spending to much on it since I don't have the off road spots near me. I'm in phila. Good luck. I'm still looking for another for a friend.

·
Registered
63 Posts
They sell soooooo fast here in texas but you can find a deal if your not in too big of a hurry........I buy every one that's close to me if the price is right.......good luck!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Bought my '95 last year with 3,000 miles for $1,100. I believe this was an uncommonly good deal...but they're out there if you look. Personally, i'd look for a pre2000 model year so you get the kick start. I think kickstarts are a very smart option on this platform and wouldn't trust electric start only when I get way off the beaten path as I travel alone. My $.02.
+1 on the Craigslist search.
Good luck and welcome to the club! FYI, the bike is the cheapest part of this hobby.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is just my own personal opinion but I would not pull the trigger on either of them. Not sure if you meant 300 or 3,000 miles on the one.

I think you can find a brand new left over 2013 with full warranty for right around $4,000. I would consider one with only 300 miles close to new and if the price and condition are right then do some haggling with the seller. The ones with 3,000 and 6,000 miles I tend to hold back from unless I can see the owner was big on maintaining it right. In any case, if you are about to pay top dollar then just make sure you are getting a top notch bike that needs nothing and is ready to ride now.

Fill in your profile info so we know where you are and get a feel for the type of riding you do.

GaryL
3,000 miles on the 2013, I agree with you on looking for new cycle if I can get a good deal. Just figured out how to do my profile thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Go through some threads from about a month ago. Someone posted a dealer with new leftovers for $3899. I think the dealer was in PA. I would certainly pay $500-700 more to get a zero mile with warranty bike. Knowing the maintenance history and how it was broke in and ridden is a big plus with any new vehicle.

You are not that far from a few of us over here in NY but just over the PA border from Matamoras.

GaryL

·
Registered
592 Posts
I was looking at the same bike on ebay....
I found a 2013 leftover from a dealer for $3,790+ he said $4,777 out the door
Does this sound about right adding 7% tax and prep?
Thanks for any info...

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I was looking at the same bike on ebay....
I found a 2013 leftover from a dealer for $3,790+ he said $4,777 out the door
Does this sound about right adding 7% tax and prep?
Thanks for any info...
That OTDPrice sound like he is getting full retail with no left over discount at all. Keep searching!

GaryL

·
Registered
592 Posts
Ok so what if he did 4,500 OTD? Would that be a good deal?

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Ok so what if he did 4,500 OTD? Would that be a good deal?
I would consider closer to $4,000 out the door on a left over 2013 a good deal. I have not done any tire kicking or haggling with dealers because I prefer the pre 2000 models. I know for sure I saw a dealer price a while back, less than 30 days ago, right here in a thread for under 4,000 OTD and I think he was in PA.

Sorry I can't search or figure out how to link from this IPad on a slow wifi connection.

GaryL

·
Registered
592 Posts
Wow! Really...ive looked and searched high and low
Lowest sticker for left over was 3,790
I figure i gotta do the 7% tax they ain't making anything on the tax
And i thought 350.00 was fair for prep/destination
Im going to dealer tonight
I guess I can try!!

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Wow! Really...ive looked and searched high and low
Lowest sticker for left over was 3,790
I figure i gotta do the 7% tax they ain't making anything on the tax
And i thought 350.00 was fair for prep/destination
Im going to dealer tonight
I guess I can try!!
Here is the place where I saw the lowest price a while back. Millers Yamaha in Lemont Furnace PA, phone 866-295-1394

Good luck and report back what you find.

GaryL

Reactions: archery22

·
Registered
16 Posts
Listen player!!! Just be patient and download craigslist pro on your phone and check out List of Yamaha TW200 dual sports for sale and save up cash and when you see one that is rough lowball and then pray about it and then when you see one that is sweet crazy awesome nice w/ low milage take off work and drive to the dudes house with all that money you been saving up and pray bout it and get serious bout dropping some cash on it!!! Round this time of year you could carry cash and hold out and buy a sweet used one for WAY under 2,000 player!!! Or you may even end up w/ 2 if you lowball the rough ones!!! And seriously try to get one with kick start bc it is fun to kick start motorcicles sometimes!!! Don't be all frivolous and make payments and go in debt bro, have fiscal fortitude and buy mods and cool TW stuff in cash and at the end of the day look at your T-Dub and be like... "What's next bro?!?! Let's do this!!!"

·
Registered
4,511 Posts

GaryL
Been pricing them just for the heck of it around Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, and easter PA....there is one listed on cycle trader.com @Cannonsberg, PA, a NEW 2012 for $3699 with NO hidden charges, freight, etc....not a bad price....Indiana has NEW 2013s for as low as $3499 but with frieght and other "hidden" fees, taxes, ect, they come in at $4400....best price on a NEW 2013 in Ohio is at Maumee{near Toledo} for $3399, but taxes, freight, etc bring those up past the $4000 mark...if you are close to Cannonberg, that would be your best bet, let's face it, no difference between a 2012 and 2013....the 2014 has the color change and about a grand out the door higher.

·
Registered
4,511 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've been watching that bike in Cannonburg, I'm 235 miles from Cannonburg and have no problem traveling to pick a bike up. Will a local dealer take of care the warranty?

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
Any Yamaha M/C Dealer with service has to take care of the Yamaha Warrenty...so you should be good to go...

1 - 20 of 60 Posts