TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just replaced the whole card with a rad racing model from Amazon it was 45$ and came in 2 days. I just bolted it up. I had to adjust the throttle cable length but other than that total plug and play, it may be rich bc I dont ever have to choke it, just open the throttle a little and it fires every time

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just replaced the whole card with a rad racing model from Amazon it was 45$ and came in 2 days. I just bolted it up. I had to adjust the throttle cable length but other than that total plug and play, it may be rich bc I dont ever have to choke it, just open the throttle a little and it fires every time
I was wondering if this carb is still available and is it for a 1989 model

·
Registered
19,578 Posts
If DoubleDuds had listed the model year of his TW you would have been able to tell if his replacement carb would be a plug-n-play fit vanquisher's 1989 model year TW.
This is because the airbox to carb rubber boots are different depending on pre-2000 and post 2000 TWs which have different carburetors.
This is why it is important to list basic information about one's bike if one is trying to be helpful here.
If one is trying to be really helpful then listing specific information like a link to the up-grade item or carb for sale is a very good idea.

Welcome & good luck with the resurrection. Keep asking questions & forum members can help. Also investigate forum stickies for answers to commonly posed maintenance questions. Very little is new under the sun so a little research can dredge up answers to most questions, often with how-to pics & videos.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Suggest that you remove carb, then clean debris from float valve, check float level, check jet orifices and reassemble

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
You should never have to replace a carb unless you have physically broken or damaged something like one of the arms that hold the float pin or something else similar

·
Registered
19,578 Posts
Most everything worthwhile on TW carburetors has been stated many a time in previous posts on this forum, often with helpful photos. No need to wait for someone to reply by re-creating the wheel. Simply use forum's search feature and/or review stickies to quickly access a vast wealth of information that should address every conceivable question.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
It is a 2005, its listed as year 2001- 2107, I didnt see any on Amazon for earlier, sorry should have included the year

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thank you all mine is a 89 with out cv carb, plus a california bike, no problems I will figure it out

1 - 12 of 12 Posts