TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I am new here, and have had the itch for a TW200 for a few months. I've been lurking here for a little while reading up and watching for a good deal on a used TW200. I saw a 2007 with 8750 miles on it for $1700. I am going to check it out tomorrow. I Know it potentially has an issue with the starter, but it otherwise looks clean from the Ad.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! :D Starters don't go out often on TW's. It may end up being the battery.
Hi - I am new here, and have had the itch for a TW200 for a few months. I've been lurking here for a little while reading up and watching for a good deal on a used TW200. I saw a 2007 with 8750 miles on it for $1700. I am going to check it out tomorrow. I Know it potentially has an issue with the starter, but it otherwise looks clean from the Ad.

Reactions: jtomelliott49

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Welcome from KS. Hope you snag this TW, and enjoy the heck out of it. You will love this forum....great people on here.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! :D Starters don't go out often on TW's. It may end up being the battery.
Or battery cables or cable connection(s).
What is battery voltage when are trying to start?

Welcome to the forum from southern Nevada/northern Arizona

·
Registered
311 Posts
Welcome from Vancouver Island, BC!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the warm welcome! I am going to checkout the bike in person this morning, and appreciate the feedback. I'll end up with a TW200 eventually, even if it isn't this one.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Welcome from a former lurker. I utilized this forum to learn what to look for when inspecting bikes. Even so, I missed a few things but felt confident none of the big things were gonna need immediate attention. Take your time. It doesn’t take long to recognize a good deal on a sound bike. Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought it for $1600. It runs and rides well. We did the title transfer, so everything was legit from that perspective as well with a clean title. The guy I bought it from purchased it in '07 when the gas prices were high and used it as a commuter. He switched to an electric car in the last couple years and hasn't run the TW200 much.. only 100 miles in the last year. I just added another 8 miles to that tally. :D The issue with it starting seems to be the solenoid or a relay. Every once in a while when you press that start button, you hear just a click and it doesn't try to crank. If you try again, it starts right up. Aside from that, a new battery is probably in it's future along with a new rear tire at some point. It is still the original with decent tread on it. The front tire was new last year at inspection and only has the 100 miles on it. Anyway, I think i found a pretty good deal. What are your thoughts?

IMG_20170922_143601837.jpg

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
That's a real nice looking bike for the price!! :D
I bought it for $1600. It runs and rides well. We did the title transfer, so everything was legit from that perspective as well with a clean title. The guy I bought it from purchased it in '07 when the gas prices were high and used it as a commuter. He switched to an electric car in the last couple years and hasn't run the TW200 much.. only 100 miles in the last year. I just added another 8 miles to that tally. :D The issue with it starting seems to be the solenoid or a relay. Every once in a while when you press that start button, you hear just a click and it doesn't try to crank. If you try again, it starts right up. Aside from that, a new battery is probably in it's future along with a new rear tire at some point. It is still the original with decent tread on it. The front tire was new last year at inspection and only has the 100 miles on it. Anyway, I think i found a pretty good deal. What are your thoughts?

View attachment 128977

·
Registered
20,505 Posts
Congratulations on a fine purchase.
We can help sort out any issues as they appear to you over time.
Later we will scold you about new tires for a 10 year old bike and recommend much better options for the front tire.
Then, once you are a savvy TW person you can join in the endless discussions of optimal oil choices and tire pressures...You may have noticed that we sometimes gossip like little old ladies at the village well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the offers.. :p I am keeping it!

I racked up 50 miles on it today riding the back roads of South Eastern Pennsylvania. It's a fun bike for exploring random back roads. I ditched the windscreen.. I don't mind the wind at a blistering 45mph.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Seems like a good value to me. Let me know what you think of that windscreen. Don’t see those things on TDubs very often. Welcome, congrats, and cheers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Seems like a good value to me. Let me know what you think of that windscreen. Don’t see those things on TDubs very often. Welcome, congrats, and cheers.
Thanks!

The windscreen is OK. It rattles a bit on trails and doesn't really block that much wind on the road. It also vibrated enough on the front headlight housing that it wore away a small spot on each side. I could see it being of some minor value in inclement weather, but this will be mostly a fair weather bike. I left the mounts on the handlebars, and it just slides back in and tightens with a couple of wingnuts. It s also height adjustable. For what I want to do with the bike, it will probably be off 99% of the time.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Welcome from Bel Air Maryland.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts