TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm from Sri Lanka & just bought a 2006 Japanese TW200E.
I'm posting this thread to introduce myself ;)

As i've observed this Japanese model has few differences with the US model.
It has a Kick Starter & a Round Head Light Factory fitted.
The rear tyre is a Bridgestone 204 & Front is a Shinko SR428. Both are in very good shape.

It has done only 10,000 Km & is in pretty good shape. I just changed the oil which was used in Japan & it was very dark(burnt i must say). I checked the Oil & Air Filters, but no noticeable damage. So i filled it up with SAE 20W-40 Oil this time. Then checked the valve tappet clearances and adjusted it :)
Only has 200 Km with it myself & hope to move in to Mobil 1 4T if everything goes well.

Here are some pictures of my new ride.

DSC_0501.jpg DSC_0503.jpg

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Welcome, wise choice with the mobil 4t. Can you show close up pics of your factory round headlight?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Welcome to the addiction. Have fun, ride safe, and enjoy the treasure of knowledge this forum has to offer.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
welcome to the forum! That's a great looking bike.

A buddy of mine likes to chase his girlfriend around the globe. She works for the ICRC, and she was assigned to Sri Lanka a few years back.

The trailway is the perfect bike, in the boonies of Sri Lanka, or the boonies of California! Welcome to the addiction! m.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi all,

Thank you all :) Nice finding guys with the same passion..!

And sorry for the delay..! I was busy riding & working at office ;)

welcome to the forum! That's a great looking bike.

A buddy of mine likes to chase his girlfriend around the globe. She works for the ICRC, and she was assigned to Sri Lanka a few years back.

The trailway is the perfect bike, in the boonies of Sri Lanka, or the boonies of California! Welcome to the addiction! m.
Thanks, and yes i'm happier with my choice day by day..!
Please say Hi to her..! ICRC has done some valuable work here..! :)

Welcome, wise choice with the mobil 4t. Can you show close up pics of your factory round headlight?
Here are some closeups of my factory fitted round Head Light..! :)

DSC_0520.jpg
DSC_0522.jpg
DSC_0523.jpg
DSC_0524.jpg

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
welcome, good looking bike! only problem with your round headlight: can't fit a jimbo-shield.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Round blinkers / indicators too? Is the seat a little different as well? m.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Round blinkers / indicators too? Is the seat a little different as well? m.
Yes round blinkers too..! Just noticed they r very different from the US version.
Seat also seems bit different..! It does not have those big black YAMAHA logos printed.
Has a dotted matte finish..!

Reactions: mhomadness
1 - 15 of 15 Posts