TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I’ve been outted by Philosobrad on the Springfield, MO to Can Buren, MO trip thread, I thought I go ahead and introduce myself and my 2007 TW. I’m located in Springfield, MO, along with Philosobrad and our fellow TW riding buddy, John.

While discussing the merits of various bikes to use on the Mark Twain National Forest trail network at Chadwick, MO, the idea of using a TW200 for this purpose occurred to us. The proof of concept came when Philosobrad got his hands on one. One ride and we all became overnight TW converts. These little bikes are unbelievably fun single track machines, not to mention truly do it all bikes.

Hope to meet some fellow Tdubbers at the upcoming Russ Rally South Central in Arkansas.

Attachments

·
Registered
583 Posts
Welcome LEJ. Nice looking T-Dub.

Where did the skid plate come from? It sure looks like it offers great engine protection.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Dubster. My KLR Tengai was down for some repairs and in looking at its skid plate, it occurred to me that it just might fit the TW. With a little bit of trimming for the gear shift lever and brake lever, it fit like it was made for the TW. Only down side is that it acts like a parabolic dish sound wise. I've got some dense foam I'm going to use to try to reduce the noise level. Other than that, I'm very pleased with it and the level of protection it offers.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
We've got to meet up when I'm in Arkansas. I'll show you around the Ozark National Forest. Y'all can trailer over or spend a half day on squiggly roads on the TWs getting here. Don't know about a dirt route, probably is one somewhere. Camp out in my culvert. It's what I do. Beats the heck out of a tent. Even has a flush toilet and a hot shower if you know how to build a fire.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome , can you elaborate on your round headlight?. TIA
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Frog, the headlight is an Ebay item like this: Black Hole Sun SMC Headlight Coal Black H4 Bulb CB750 CB650 XS650 Cafe Racer | eBay I also purchased a used headlight bracket from a 87 TW and used that to mount the headlight. Other than some finagling to fit the headlight to the headlight bracket, the only other modification necessary was the removal of the mounting ears for the stock headlight mask. Lastly, I added a HID unit to increase the light output. The HID ballast fit rather nicely between the headlight frame and the steering stem. Overall I'm very pleased with how it turned out and the HID unit is a huge improvement over stock. Cost breakdown wound up being $55.00 for the headlight, $30.00 for the HID unit and $20.00 for the headlight bracket.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi LEJ, I was wondering....what bash plate is that on your TW. I dont think I've seen an aluminum one that wraps around like that one does.

***Edit*** Nevermind...I'm an idiot...you answered my question in post number 3. Dont suppose you remember the manufacturer, though?

Thanks,
Lance

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi LEJ, I was wondering....what bash plate is that on your TW. I dont think I've seen an aluminum one that wraps around like that one does.

***Edit*** Nevermind...I'm an idiot...you answered my question in post number 3. Dont suppose you remember the manufacturer, though?

Thanks,
Lance
Lance,

Here's where I purchased the skid plate from originally. I think it may be a Ricochet knock-off. Mine was for a 1st gen KLR.
Aluminum Skidplates for KLR650 (all years) - Whitehorse Gear

Hope that helps.

Ross

1 - 13 of 13 Posts