TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

This forum is great! I ran across it searching the internet for information on my 1990 TW (just purchased last month), thanks to all involved with it's creation. My bike: So far I've been on 2 desert camping trips with this thing and have found it to be a blast. Perfect for exploring beyond what my 4Wheel Drive can handle, which is why I bought it. The guy I bought it from did a nice job restoring it and I like the "old school Yamaha" look he gave it too. I hope to take it out again this weekend "Correl Canyon OHV area" if weather permits...anyway happy riding all, I look forward to reading more of your TW stories....Steve

https://lh6.googleus...28/P1010621.JPG

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
You bought the small one. Keep us informed as you tweek it to meet your needs. I'm sure you will enjoy it. Try a different way of posting that photo (thru photobucket or ??). Tom

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take two....trying to figure out the picture posting process. I'm trying Photobucket this time, my first post only offered a link to a very small pic? I guess that's why they call us newbies....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I think I got it now.....I hope this works

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Cool, Thats a bigger bike. I'm assuming thats a custom paint job or is it one imported from Europe? tom

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Answers to some questions. The paint job was done by the original owner, it started out black (original color for 1990). The rack on the tail is not marked. I was given all receipts at purchase however the receipt was a paypal receipt and only calls it out as a "Yamaha TW200 Dual Sport Rack"? Maybe ebay? The tank is a Clarke oversize tank for TW200 purchased at enduroshack.com. I really like having the oversize tank (2.7gal). Thanks for the questions, it forces me to learn more about the bike I'm riding. Hey I have a question, has anyone tried taller handlebars or used Handlebar Risers? I would like my hand position maybe an inch higher for comfort. I think the cables can reach? Thanks

[/img]

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Some of us have used Pro Taper Type SE ATV Hi-Bend bars. I put a set of my Dad's bike and they work awesome.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts