TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member. Live in El Paso, TX. Having some fun updating/upgrading/just getting it running...anyways, tinkering w/my 1991 TW. I bought it originally from a horse farm in Virginia for $800 and it was in a little rough shape. Picture is from when I bought it. When I moved from Virginia back to Texas, I ended up parking it outside for a bit. It would crank with a new battery, but choke and all cables were froze. So, since about two weekends ago I've been trying to get it back to running order. Goal is to have it for cruising close to home and for doing a bit of rockhounding here in the desert.

What I've done so far:

About two years ago I purchased an assortment of main parts. This included: Desert camo OEM gas tank w/petcock; desert camo rear and front fender; desert camo light shroud w/windshield/screen. Also picked up a black left fender, rear subframe, and trun signals and oem mirrors.
Grips are shot so just got some pro tapers in.
Have instrument panel back plastic. The one on the bike was being held together with duct tape and dark high dense styrofoam.
Front light/turn signals frame and turn signals.
Wider footpegs.
oil and oil filter.
carb from amazon w/inline gas filter.
E3 spark plug
New AGM sealed battery
New levers.

What's left:
Needs new tires and tubes
Needs new horn...this one sounds seriously sad...
New chain

I'll try to grab some pics of it. Good night, all.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Welcome!! :D

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Welcome. I like the fiamm freeway blaster horn. I can’t remember if I got the high or low note horn though. Happy fixing.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
311 Posts
Another welcome from Canada! Enjoy :)

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Can you post links for your carb and the desert camo tank? Can’t wait to see pictures. Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts