TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have been on here for a little while to read and confirm the tw200 is what I wanted. I ridden one many years ago just as a student bike for the MSF BRC course. I can not wait till Friday.

My current bikes are a Drz 400sm and a Yamaha FZ8. The tw is going to be a great trail bike. Looking to meeting up with some of the local tw guys in Jacksonville, Fl and doing some rides in the future.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The FZ8 is a great bike. I really wanted a naked bike and did not want to convert a FZ1. The newest models have adjustable preload which is a really nice change.

Here are 2 pictures of the 8 and the sm

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome aboard!!! Is that you on the SM, or is the number 12 yours? She looks quite nice as well.

The white sm and the one with the 12 is same bike with me on it. I wanted to change the bike up a little bit so I got a graphics kit and numbering.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, your DRZ looks very sharp! I've been wanting to try Supermoto racing, it looks like a blast. Someday.....

Given how you've "farkeled" your other bikes, I can't wait to see your Tdub!

Thank you very much. I got some great ideas for the Tdub. The first thing on the list is crash protection, since I will be doing trail riding mostly.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Best crash protection is handguards and a cyclerack. The drz looks SWEEEET!! I will say though that if youre expecting speed and jumps you don't want a tw. If you wanna ride trails and just putt around you will love it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Best crash protection is handguards and a cyclerack. The drz looks SWEEEET!! I will say though that if youre expecting speed and jumps you don't want a tw. If you wanna ride trails and just putt around you will love it.

Thanks PalmStateCrawler for the crash protection ideas. Now worries about speed or jumps, that is why I have the other two bikes.

The only reason I got this bike was to trail ride. I have been using a 2006 TTR90 with big boys springs on the front and back to trail ride for the last couple months and if the TW can go as fast as that non-mod TTR90 engine, then I bought the right bike.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
welcome...nice rides...nice drz...good to see another sumo rider on here

one of our members works here and created a mod page for the TW so it's a one stop shop that has many aftermarket items...

http://www.procycle.us/bikepages/tw200.html

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Nice bikes............................ My wife and I were at deals gap this summer...... Rode the dubs on the tail three times..... Cool road. "BUT" we liked moonshiner 28 better.................. Welcome aboard. OMM.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Thanks PalmStateCrawler for the crash protection ideas. Now worries about speed or jumps, that is why I have the other two bikes.

The only reason I got this bike was to trail ride. I have been using a 2006 TTR90 with big boys springs on the front and back to trail ride for the last couple months and if the TW can go as fast as that non-mod TTR90 engine, then I bought the right bike.

The Tdub is gonna feel like a monster to you!!
My son rides a TTR125, I prefer riding the TW with him over my bigger bikes. It's so easy to ride slow, it's almost like riding a trials bike! Plus it's easy to jump on and off of or turn around on a tight trail. You'll love it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts