TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Rob and i live in Foresthill CA, i call my tdub The Turtle Wagon, haha ,i got it off the owner of Manracks here in Lodi CA, he got it off the original owner who used it to commute from Trukee to the Bay so it had 14,000 miles on it when i got it last July, and i started riding it and cant stop ,i absolutely love the bikes low sear hight, wide tire and old school looks,
When i got it the bike already had a ricochet skid plate ,tusk d flex hand guards, and custom front and rear racks from Manracks, i added some bags a moose headlight guard and usb/ cig lighter charger and proceeded to put over 3200 miles on it, riding in Oregon, California and Nevada over the past 6 months, in early November i bought a bunch of parts and went to work, rebuilding the front forks with the Procycle kit, new brakes,new 15 front/ 52 rear sprokets, new did chain, dg exhaust,new bridgestone tire out back and shinko244 4.6 up front, all new led lighting jns headlight, led lightlight and blinkers, full black plastics with the supermotor fender kit also from Procycle and the bike was looking and eunning great
After the rebuild was done after Christmas i took it out on the few rides over the last couple weeks, the last one was last weekend in Santa Cruz, really awesome time and the bike was rippin until the way back i suddenly lost power and got a loud tapping, uh oh
I had to ride it 40miles back on mostly dirt roads and the Turtle made it!!! Turns out the intake adj nut backed off and went hiding in the head ,well shitttt!!!
So i embarked today to upgrade to at 250 6 speed, thanks to the inspiration from this forum, i will post updates and whatnot as appropriate, heres a walk around vid of my bike

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi Rob! Welcome to the forum. Great to have you and your TW join us! I hope to ride my TW in California some day. I like that you can ride year round, and see all kinds of scenery while doing it.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
So, Mr. Wagon...what type of turtles do you haul?
I like your bike, it will be a killer as a 250 6/spd!
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Welcome to you.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
welcome to the forum.

santa cruz area is some beautiful riding that elime probably knows best. lots of twisties and gorgeous scenery.

be exciting to see your 250 6spd.
ride on!

·
Registered
19,419 Posts
A 2017 with over 17,000 miles? You're our kind of guy!
Welcome, you live in a nice part of California.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, thanks very much ,and yeah i have put alot of work into this bike and i do love it, as an update today ordered the stage 3 cam and titanium keepers with beehive? Springs anyway webcams doesnt have that grind in stock so they are waiting for me to ship out the core to them on Monday , also yesterdayvi bought a trr230 crank with rod, a ttr230 transmission,and a ttr 6 disk clutch, and LA sleeve is expecting my cylinder for boring and resleeving to 74mm, im going to order the CP piston kit from them as well, and once i get my regrind back from Webcams i will send the head over to CT Racing to port, rebuild ,and overbore the exhaust 1mm, also i recruited the services of Foresthill Racing here in town to tear the whole motor down over the weekend so everything can go out on Monday .
What kind of turtles in the wagon ? Well green ones of course!!! Hahaha, but soon more horsepower and a 6th gear, again thanks to the pioneers on this forum that really did the hard work already to make something like this less difficult

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And oh yeah its a 2015 with 17 000 and change, on the odometer, and i have been riding alot of dual sport with it and revving the snots out of it to roll with the ktm500s, zuki400s, betas, ducati, etc etc, havent had even 1 other tw on any of the ridesxi have been on

1 - 12 of 12 Posts