TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 72 years old. My first bike was a new 1960 Cushman Super Eagle which I paid for with my own hard earned money, which was at the age of 14. I have had eight more bikes since then, mostly Harley's. I have been off bikes for three years, but decided I wanted to ride again, but at a more enjoyable pace on dirt roads and trails in my rural county. We have over 400 miles of dirt roads, so I should have plenty to enjoy on my TW.

I got in my first TW ride today going 50 miles on dirt and trails. Here are two pictures of the days journey.

I look forward to learning more about the TW and reading about other peoples adventures.
20191025_132436.jpg 20191025_133819.jpg

·
Super Moderator
17,630 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! :D

·
Registered
287 Posts
Welcome to the forum and back to youthfulness, RidgeRunner!

I really like the B&W photo with the color pop.

Marty

·
Super Moderator
17,630 Posts
You know what Scooter my brother? I do believe you are getting hooked on the forum!! :p

You're spending a lot of time around here.... :D

Welcome to the forum and back to youthfulness, RidgeRunner!

I really like the B&W photo with the color pop.

Marty

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Welcome aboard, ya young whippersnapper, I'm 76 so show some respect!

Cushman Eagles were cool...sounded great, especially with the baffles out, especially with twin pipes.

http://www.hobbytech.com/CushID/MVC-548S.JPG

That backwards throttle nearly ground me into the pavement once in the middle of an intersection...forward for Go, backwards for Whoa!
Whoever thought that up?

How the hell did we ever survive those days?

You're gonna love the TeeDub!

·
Super Moderator
17,630 Posts
My dad had one when we lived in Hawaii. I was 10. He'd be away at sea for 6 months at a time on submarines and I'd mess with it. I didn't dare ride it because he would have kicked my A** (he was a real dick of a dad) I remember one day he came home with some bad road rash. He had eaten it crossing some railroad tracks.

I modified it for him when he was away one time...(only joking) ;) Here's a pic. ha ha ha ha but can you imagine??

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiU9aaIwLjlAhXHCjQIHTWqAbQQjRx6BAgBEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fthekneeslider.com%2Fcushman-scooter-with-harley-davidson-sportster-power%2F&psig=AOvVaw0nuebHH8Wj1sT5jrcQVhaF&ust=1572130215069783

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the warm welcome y'all.
Darth, I haven't heard whippersnapper in a long time. You have my utmost respect sir.
littletommy, that CushmanHarley is awesome. Wouldn't you love to take that for a spin?
Admiral, I'm glad you picked up on the sign in my photo. I was going to try for a picture of a huge timber rattler crossing one of the dirt roads, but figured he might race to my TW and climb on.
I look forward to talking more to everyone.

·
Super Moderator
17,630 Posts
I want a ride anything that has wheels and an engine.;)

·
Registered
287 Posts
You know what Scooter my brother? I do believe you are getting hooked on the forum!! :p

You're spending a lot of time around here.... :D
It is addictive, LT! Lots of great folks such as yourself all wrapped up on one computer screen.
The camaraderie is unparalleled on such a grand and global scale. I don't think I have noticed even one person without a sense of humor.
And, sometimes it's like taking a vacation and never leaving the easy chair with all the ride tales!

Marty

·
Super Moderator
17,630 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,630 Posts
We got to keep Fred off it though, he'd be shearing parts off left and right Rock Hopping!! :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts