TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty wide in the shoulders, so the stock mirrors would only show me my arms and shoulders. I went to the local bike shop and got these mirrors, they work great for me, so If you're wide in the shoulders, consider some mirrors like these. Plus they pivot and fold down flat for loading in tight spaces. On a side note I think they look better too, but I really don't care about that too much.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I have the same issue with the stock mirrors... It's nice to find ways of improving visability!

While in Moab last month, I tried a folding type and hung them underneath the bars.

They worked GREAT. My only concern with mirrors on the outer tip of the handlebars would be offroad issues with hitting stuff or if you drop the bike on its side... Although yours look pretty beefy.

Here's my setup:

[Folded in]

[One folded out]

·
Registered
6,130 Posts
Hey guys,

I am looking for some better mirror solutions for a couple of my bikes and might want to try both of these.

Chris and Darnold - Where did you buy your mirrors and what brand are they?

Darnold - Can you see past your knees with your setup? Also, what type of mount are you using for your GPS and how do you like it?

Brian

·
Registered
1,345 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Mine are MSR and were ~$18 each at Cycle Sports in Salem, OR

Here they are at MCSS: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/9/192/6313/ITEM/MSR-Racing-Dual-Sport-Mirror.aspx?SiteID=SLI|Mirrors&WT.MC_ID=10010

I can see perfectly past me knees. Higher speeds aren't great since they get a little vibration due to their foldability.

The Garmin mount is the Garmin brand "Handlebar mount" found on amazon,ebay, etc. I had to add a thin piece of rubber inner tube to take up the gap in the pinch-hole but it is very solid and I really like it.

http://www.amazon.com/GARMIN-010-10454-00-Handlebar-Mount-GPSMAP/dp/B000196C2A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1304609340&sr=8-2

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't remember the Brand, just bought them at my local motorcycle shop. Looks like there are many options out there. They come off easily with a allen wrench for offroad riding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts