TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new rear tire installed today, greased tire bead yesterday and let it sit, installed tire on rim today ( greased rim). Put 50 lbs of air in, slowly, let it sit in front of space heater to warm tire. Put 10 more pounds in and let sit in front of space heater for another 30 minutes, POP! Both sides seated. Quickly decreased pressure to 10lbs. Hope to get it installed Saturday or Sunday and try it out. Prior to install measured bead (exactly 14 inches), no trimming just a little patience.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Wow...

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Yep ,26x8x14, I may groove it a little on the edges for a little better lateral traction.
Can you post a pic of it on the rim?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Wow, that's nice.

·
Registered
19,400 Posts
Even though a 6-ply bias construction there is still lots of room for a Mississippi nail to sneak past those impressive tread blocks and cause a puncture. RideOn tire sealant might be a good investment. So is going tubeless by sealing up spokes. I would prefer not to do another ATV tire install without first sealing the wheel and deleting the tube.

·
Registered
13,330 Posts
Got my new rear tire installed today, greased tire bead yesterday and let it sit, installed tire on rim today ( greased rim). Put 50 lbs of air in, slowly, let it sit in front of space heater to warm tire. Put 10 more pounds in and let sit in front of space heater for another 30 minutes, POP! Both sides seated. Quickly decreased pressure to 10lbs. Hope to get it installed Saturday or Sunday and try it out. Prior to install measured bead (exactly 14 inches), no trimming just a little patience.
Glad this went on without trimming the bead. I didn't have to trim the bead on my Ceros either. I love the fact it's only 8" wide rather than the 9" wide Ceros I had to use. When I need to replace my Ceros, this tire and the new tire Fred used are on top of my list (unless the Ceros comes out with a 14x8 also).

P.S. Though I do like the tubless tire trailer rim mod when it comes to fixing flats. Up front expense of the hub and trailer, rim make this route very tempting as well.

Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I did get to ride a little yesterday, I do believe I’m going to put on the 55 tooth sprocket. It still pulls pretty good with stock gearing but I can definitely feel the extra 7 lbs of tire weight and the additional height. My weight doesn’t help either. The tire itself bites well, we just had rain and it certainly doesn’t skate around like the stock tire did. I did replace the front tire as well with an irc m5b evo 140/80-18. Off road steering is much improved. I don’t ride on the road much so I haven’t tried that yet. And thanks Fred I will definitely get some sealer to have on hand. I’m just happy right now that I got the damn thing on with no serious issues.

·
Registered
303 Posts
ATV tires pretty much demand lower gearing, especially if you're getting into terrain where the stock rear would be inadequate. They're often taller than the stock tire, so you need reduced gearing just to "equal" the stock tire. I ran 13/50 on mine with the 8" Duro and was considering going a bit lower (up to a 53 or 55 in the back). All that extra rotating mass really saps power, coupled with the chunky tread pattern. I still used mine to some extent on the road so kept it at 13/50- top speed was 55ish.

·
Registered
19,400 Posts
The RideOn goes in the tires as a balancer and preventative measure before any punctures occur.
Certainly the additional tire weight increases the flywheel effect, or rotational inertia. Due to this more powerful gyroscope out back, as well as the additional height improving the angle of approach, the TW will now stall less when encountering obstacles that could formerly give the TW a bit of a challenge. Greater gyroscopic induced stability too. Acceleration suffers but something like 13x55 sprockets returns some of the lost quickness.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts