I came across these new racks from Nomadic
Im just looking for something I can attach a small bag too
The price cant be beat! Thats for sure
Anybody have one?

Nomadic Racks

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
That's a cute little rack and would be helpful for some things for sure. Agreed, pricing is sure right.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It says it has a shot peened look
Is that like a hammered finish?

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
I think so.

·
Registered
503 Posts
As this attatches to the stock pad, its only good for about 6lbs of cargo. The rack takes up the other pound of your 7lb limit

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks tinman...just looking to carry some some small items. Cell phone,bottle of water,power bars,keys

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
You will be tempted to use this rack to drag the rear of the bike around. Don't do it! If you really just want to carry small things, get a tank bag. The cyclerack is one of the best purchases you can make for the tw. I have never heard of anyone saying they don't like their cyclerack! It keeps the plastics and turn signals from getting broke/scratched. That and some handguards have kept my bike looking pretty much brand new after many crashes.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Defiantly don't want a tank bag...the cycle rack is nice but overkill for what I want to cary
Thanks for the suggestions

·
Registered
363 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Thanks tinman...just looking to carry some some small items. Cell phone,bottle of water,power bars,keys
Like everyone has said, that rack only has price going for it.

If you want to go cheap with small stuff to carry, you could just mount any top box to the rear. I used a military first aid box before I got my cyclerack.

Reactions: r80rt

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
I like your bike. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm in the market for racks myself, I just don't know if I want to shell out the dough for the cycle rack, even though I know it's probably the best one...right now I think I'm just going to buy one of those squar top boxes or something similar and bolt it to the back fender…like footdoc has done....but I hadn't seen that rack yet....thanks for sharing

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dont need to carry much,I like the look of the nomadic paired with a small bag. I really dont like the look of a Box. But thats just me....everbody has a preferance! If I was gonna go camping and had needs for carryin lots of gear then yes cycleracks all the way.

·
Registered
814 Posts
When I went cheap, I cut the bottom off a black milk crate and zip tied it on. then i got a cycleracks rear. One day out yard selling I found three dinette chairs and strapped them on. No problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts