TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

new old guy with 2010 t-dub

Tags
2010 tw
1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  ZDR1 
#1 ·
hello all, finally got my t,dub after looking awhile. found a 2010 with 1083 miles for $2900. seller was 72 yrs old and just couldn't ride . said he rode bikes all his life. this bike is showroom condition and the only problem with it is I can't find neutral after a ride when the bike is good and warm. when it is on the cold side all it takes a slight toe to get it, but when it is hot I cannot find. still waiting on a manual for this bike, but thought I'd throw it out to the dubs. Is it a clutch cable adjustment? Anyway, this is an awesome site I will now call home.

#3 ·
Welcome Wrango!

If you click on Forum, then Technical Help, then Technical write-up's, and scroll down, you will find the Service and Repair manuals. You can download the owners manual as well as the shop manual which are very helpful to have. Sounds like you found a pretty nice deal. You're going to love having a TW! Do you have a little free play up at the clutch lever? Also, check your oil level window and make sure the oil is in between the marks. Sometimes when they want their oil changed, they get fussy and more difficult to shift. Maybe a fresh oil change would help, unless the previous owner had it done recently. Back in 87 when technology wasn't as good as it is today, trannies were a little harder to shift. The TW is one of these. Great bikes, but older technology. You will get used to it soon, it's the nature of the little bike.

#6 ·
i put mobil 1 synthetic 4t in mine and it made a difference. it's still hard to find occasionally, but much better.

#7 ·
I had the same problem with my 2010 XT250, changed to full synthetic shifted much smoother could find neutral and my right leg was much cooler.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.