TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking for a dualsport for awhile now, but didn't consider anything below 250cc. A 2003 TW200 in excellent condition came up on craigslist yesterday and I googled into this forum to see what's what. Quite a bit of helpful infomation later, I decided that this bike would fit my needs - basically an in-town commuter and fun trail bike with short highway capabilities, easy on gas, reliable and easy to maintain. Sealed the deal today and should be picking it up in a couple weeks.

Just wanted to say thanks and darn you - now I'm shopping racks and street tires and gas tanks and sprockets and such. Spring is looking good.

Mike

·
Registered
421 Posts
They are great little bikes! I have really enjoyed mine.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Well congrats on your bike! Now the fun really begins..... ride / mod / ride / mod.

Post a pic when you get it, nice to see before and after pics. For such a small machine, its interesting how everyone customizes them to their tastes and needs. Have fun with it and ask lots of questions on here, helps to avoid the mistakes and things that dont work.

Best mod for me so far was tne Jimbo shield, well worth the money for looks alone. I am going to do the rear shock next, mostly cause the wife always tags along now and wouldn't hurt to increase the travel and strenght for the trails. Best of luck with your new bike.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I'll be sure to post a pic when I get the bike. Can't believe I didnt think to take one during the test ride- asking too many questions and riding it. I suppose.

One great bonus is that the prior owner welded bigger footpegs on it. It must have an aftermarket sprocket setup as well, cause there's a small bag of misc items that includes a couple sprockets. Will have to get to the bottom of that asap ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts