TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hi. Just picked up a new to me 98 tw200 with 702 miles. Its my first bike. Ive riden a fair deal and finally needed to own my own. Will be doing some regular around town riding and some mild trail riding. So far love the bike.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Welcome and start reading to get the best bang for your buck. Lots of great info here and all the help you might need at your finger tips.

GaryL

·
Registered
765 Posts
Trust me once you start on these bikes, you're hooked. Be careful with your wallet I warn you now you will be very temped with mods :D

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Trust me once you start on these bikes, you're hooked. Be careful with your wallet I warn you now you will be very temped with mods :D
Hey, I resemble that remark! Jimbo shield, cyclerack racks, moose hand guards, wide pegs, new cusshy grips, Lizrdbrth oil cooler, 12 volts power outlet, 47 tooth rear sprocket and a complete OEM carb rebuild kit by individual pieces plus a brand new OEM old style TK carb for a spare. Kind of just like my boats, holes in the water to toss my money in to.

GaryL

·
Registered
124 Posts
GaryL: "...Kind of just like my boats, holes in the water to toss my money in to."

Boat: An acronym for "Break Out Another Thousand".

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Hi. Welcome.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Welcome to the fold.

Where you located generally?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys. im in northern utah. ive built several cars so i am aware of the money pit syndrome. already started a little, a rear rack and a bigger gas tank.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
thanks guys. im in northern utah. ive built several cars so i am aware of the money pit syndrome. already started a little, a rear rack and a bigger gas tank.
With only 700 miles it is a safe bet the bike is mechanically sound. Your money pit will likely be in add on parts to make the bike suit you riding style and how you plan to use it. Having built cars, you are more than capable with this simple machine and being here with all the great members and info at your finger tips will make for an enjoyable experience. Once you do all the "new to you" general inspections and adjustments you should be good to go other than accessories you want to add. Ask me how I know having recently joined the club with a 1991 that had 25 fewer miles than yours!

Have fun!

GaryL

·
Registered
261 Posts
Should be some good riding up there!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There is tons of good riding. I have some property up by the idaho border that is very good riding. Im actually heading up here this weekend. Mike bring the go pros along.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts