TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
78 Posts
They released a new pelican case in a size that I have been looking for. Its matches up with a cycle rack well. If anyone is interested.

http://www.pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=1460

Looks promising for a trunk.

Thanks for the info - this looks like a really nice case. However, am I wrong to be highly annoyed by the "get quote" link that requires me to fill out my personal info before I can simply see the price of the thing? They just lost a probable impulse buy.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't like it either BUT.

I have been waiting forever to find a case in that dimension. So I can live with it.

I did a google search and found it for about 129 without foam.

Anyone else know of something cheaper about the same size? I have looked for a long time but could have missed something.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Cabelas has a camo dry box that comes in 4 sizes. Not exactly the same size, no foam, and probably not quite as well built, but they're cheaper if cost is important. I've got two of them and they're made quite well. Just another option.

**Edit: Sorry, this isn't the box I've got. I have the ammo box with a much better latch. None of these are in the same league as the Pelican.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cabelas has a camo dry box that comes in 4 sizes. Not exactly the same size, no foam, and probably not quite as well built, but they're cheaper if cost is important. I've got two of them and they're made quite well. Just another option.

**Edit: Sorry, this isn't the box I've got. I have the ammo box with a much better latch. None of these are in the same league as the Pelican.

Thanks for the info. The price is good on these. The problem with most of the ones I have found is they are toolboxes and look like toolboxes.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I just got a flight case from an old projector we use at work. We've had it for about 10-years and have since purchased three new ones, so the old one has been retired. My boss let me have the case, and I am going to try to turn it into a top box this weekend. It's similar in size to the Pelican carry-on box (sorry, don't remember the model number), but maybe a little shallower. It's built very well, and probably has way more miles on it than my car does (and she has 98,000 miles on her). Anyhow, I'll make a post of it once I get that box adapted to my TW.

Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts