TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
I'm in favor of it, motorcycle cops are some of the best riders out there and there's just no outrunning them when they're on ST1300s, Connie 14s, or BMWs.

Put them on 250 singles and give the common hooligan a fighting chance!

·
Registered
19,587 Posts
This should make the CSC RX3 fans feel vindicated. It would be a reasonable urban or park patrol machine but it will need pursuit back-up as with the drag from lights and sirens it will not be able to achieve the claimed downhill with a tailwind combined max possible speed of 84mph coupled with 70 mpg. But that is O.K. Worth foliowing this story to see if any departments embrace the CSC.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I don't think the lack of top speed will be a deal killer. You cannot outrun their radio anyway.
Besides they often have a bear in the air and you will really have to be some rider to lose him.
I think the low speed maneuverability and a price that says if they have to throw it down to leap off and grapple with a suspect could prove out well.
As an urban copcycle it could be a winner. Out on the highway the bigger bikes will hold favor.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Kind of seems like an early April Fool's joke to me...haha.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I'm in favor of it, motorcycle cops are some of the best riders out there and there's just no outrunning them when they're on ST1300s, Connie 14s, or BMWs.

Put them on 250 singles and give the common hooligan a fighting chance!
Yep. $500 ticket from an ST1300 cop...forced me to sell my Ninja 500 and give up spirited street riding forever...and left a rather bitter taste in my mouth :(

·
Registered
555 Posts
Police here don't pursue riders who don't pull over.
No helicopters, too easy for riders to get away, more dangerous for other drivers if the Police try to pursue.
So idiots (almost always on sport bikes) pull wheelies and go through red lights and flip off the cops.
License plate? sure they have one... somewhere on the bike.
Can't read it? "Oh, how'd that happen?"

Makes the other 90+% of riders really mad that these jerks are making a lot of bad feelings about motorcycles.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
As some of you know, I'm pretty anti-cop. Not in the "black lives matter" respect, but in the "they're a bunch of power-hungry bullies" respect, regardless of what your ethnic background is. I think it should be illegal for motorcycle cops to do traffic enforcement. They should be limited to emergency response and general patrolling. Furthermore, cops shouldn't be driving big sedans or SUVs. Put them in something economical like a diesel Chevy Cruze or a hybrid and save some taxpayer money both on vehicle purchase cost, but also fuel. If they need to haul somebody in, they can call in for a larger vehicle (of which there would be far fewer). The same thing goes (times ten) for sports cars. Cops have NO need whatosever for sports cars. Too many a-holes are attracted to being cops because of these kinds of "perks" that shouldn't exist in the first place. It's an abuse of taxpayer money, coupled with their own holier-than-thou attitude.

Like others in this thread said, high speed chases are a thing of the past, and you can't outrun the radio. So they don't need fast cars. It's time to separate the people who want to be cops because they want to be public servants from those who just want the badge and instant respect.

So this new 250cc bike is perfect. It'll get awesome mileage, give them maneuverability, etc.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I was in Germany in the early sixties, there were two types of police. There was the Bundes Politzei who were highly educated spoke, multi languages,
Were incredibly helpful and polite. They did traffic enforcement in Volkswagons ( the old 36 horsepower ones ), and on BMW R60s. They were sometimes referred
to as the white mice because of the color of the vehicles. Yes they were armed but I never saw one reach for his pistol.
However for barroom brawls, civil disturbances, other violent criminal activities, There was a different police corp. I probably will miss spell this as it has been more the 50 years, but I
think they were called the Funkstreiffe. (Radio patrol) These guys were not polite, they were all LARGE strong men wearing calf length black leather trenchcoats, and looked and probably were
ex gestapo. They arrived in huge BMW sedans with supercharged engines. I saw them in action one night in a bar in downtown Munich. There was a multiperson brawl going on and they were called. One of the older guys with me said, "Put your hands flat on the table and don't move and maybe they won't hurt you."
I did and watched as the tubber trunchions came down on anyone moving. Those knocked to the floor were handcuffed and dragged out to a paddy wagon. Then the black leather trenchcoats all went out to their BMW and disappeared. The bar was very quiet after that and I soon left.
Horsepower and speed are not needed for most police work as radio is faster anyway. For the bad stuff, we have our own version of the Funkstreiffe, they are called swat teams and serve pretty much the same purpose, most likely with better weapons and training.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Just right for patroling China Town. Then put all the foot patrol on Hoverboards, take their guns away and give them fire extinguishers! :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts