TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So if you ever seen it on youtube is a new hyper hydrophobic chemical. A water and well anything replent. So do a search on hyper hydrophobic and a number of videos will appear. That was the prototype. Rustoleum has purchased distrobution rights for the product and it can be bought at home depot for $19.95. Its called Never Wet. Two part aerosol cans. You need about 2-3 sprays of each to make it work. About 30 minutes each coat. Warning it sprays on a while dull white spray not clear. Makes some fabric a little stiffer. Doesn't last forever but worth trying out. So it repells liquid like 3M scotch guard but way better. Something to think about . maybe under your fenders ,saddle bags ect...
Rust-Oleum-NeverWet-mdn_zps4f1ca3b8.jpg

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
Sorry I could post a picture or link about it. I am at work today cause our government is cheap and stupid. So if I wanted off today I was to use my leave or come into work. Pending furloughs I refuse to use my leave since its gonna be harder to accumilcate it. So I am at work and there is no body here,but they have to pay me now. So I get to internet surf all day with limited access.
Our tax dollars at work LOL...

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Our tax dollars at work LOL...
Exactly. I am just a part on a machine. No one can do anything without the other,but if you give all the Air Force off and leave the Civilains what can be accomplished? Why should I have to use my leave? I came in to work and I got the entire days work done in 2 hours.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I know a chemist-type guy who worked on this stuff some years ago. they never developed it cus it wouldn't do what they wanted. I wouldn't spend my money on it

·
Registered
43 Posts
There are many products that most people can not conceive a use for. That does not negate their usefulness to those that need them. I spent 22 years in southeast Alaska where it precipitated 150" / year. Looks like a useful product to me. rw

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know a chemist-type guy who worked on this stuff some years ago. they never developed it cus it wouldn't do what they wanted. I wouldn't spend my money on it
So I guess either your chemist is rich or punching himself in the mouth for leaving the project and not getting any of the money for it. Well I bought the stuff and it works.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Looks interesting. Does it go on thick or thin? Really cool video. So I can see this great for boots and gloves for the bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts