1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:eek:

Yahoo!

Comment's anyone? LOL

*there are several video's in a row, so stay watching.

What will they think of next?

·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
comments?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hahaha, that is hilarious! He looks like he is straddling a porcelain throne trying to avoid his trousers touching the tyre! I wonder what happens if you brake with serious force? Pavement faceplant perhaps? Definitely an interesting idea though!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Ummm, one wheeled segway? I'll keep my two wheels and if I feel like riding 1 wheel, I can. Part of me says: "Lame". Part of me says: "cool" <for thinking outside the box.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
it's a cool alternative to a scooter for people that live in cities and would take up less space than a scooter but it def looks less safe than a 2 wheeled bike...i imagine the handlebars are just there to hold controls cause there really isn't anything to steer you just lean...how much you're able to lean, i would be curious about...i'm also not a fan of sitting right over the wheel...def need to extend that fender to the front of the tire unless you want a wet/dirty crotch all the time...all that said i would love to take one for a rip!...bet i could wheelie that all day long ;)

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
wet/dirty crotch all the time...
Yeah that's not really my idea of fun. This could be fun to throw in the back of the car and ride around urban areas but not really something I'd ever really want. I have always thought it would be fun to have a pair of gopeds to take with me on vacations. I have also ALWAYS wanted a motocompo. Someone should start making something like that again!

·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
20,466 Posts
Microprocessor controlled gyros will keep that baby upright, was watching similar enclosed bike you could'nt kick over hard as you could try, defies all common sense but really works as long as gyro circuits powered up.
I want one with knobbies and will figure out how to loft it over downed logs. Maybe a bigger rack to haul elk out in hunin' season, or a one wheel sidecar for the Wife?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Kerry McLean, from here in Michigan, worked at Panda Precision, a shop that made some of our prototypes before I retired. He made a number of monocycles, including a V8 powered one he crashed. I met him and marvelled at his creations every time I saw one. There's lots of stuff on him on the internet.

Here's a video about him:

and here's one of him wrecking a V8 monocycle.

If you google monocycle you'll see all sorts of creations.

·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've always liked those. It would be cool to drive one someday.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Anyone tried the fat tired RYNO yet?

Easy Riding | RYNO Motors

[video]https://www.facebook.com/interestingengineering/videos/1175489649187404/[/video]

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
546 Posts
I clicked on it and didn't see anything about it, just lots of videos of boring cars.
Sorry about that....I just tried both and I see what I thought I was linking to....I am not a super techie so not certain what to do. The RYNO is a fat wheeled unicycle motorcycle made in the PNW.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It worked for me?? :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts