TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

New Pumper Carburetor for T-Dub

9K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  Cornelis 
#1 ·
Someone on this forum posted a link for this carb in the beginning of this year but unfortunately I couldn't find the original post

Anyway, US $47.66 for a brand new carb, cables and a throttle housing grip and 2 pro taper grips was an offer that I couldn't ignore so I proceeded to order one from China on Ali Express

I'm going to have to wait around 2 months for it to arrive and then I will report back to let you guys know if my purchase was success

Go to https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KEIHIN-30mm-carburetor-power-jet-accelerating-pump-with-visiable-transperent-throttle-settle-free-shipping/1632833426.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.TERXPN

Oh, and by the way, the Cornshield received a proper wash today:cool:

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice package deal.I always thought a pumper carb would be an excellent upgrade.
Will you be able to anticipate and pre-order parts for starter button, kill switch, inlet and outlet boots for 28mm to 30mm conversion plus jetting parts? Might have to wait until carb arrives to take dimensions of some of this.
If you can get it to work you will have earned one of these: Toy Figurine Action figure

#6 ·
I too bought one of those manifolds thinking it would work on the TW. It didn't. The angle was wrong. The manifold I bought didn't have the vent tube. I ended up trashing it trying to make it work.

[iurl="http://tw200forum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=113929&d=1499139709"]
[/iurl]

The manifold I got over compensated. The carb was still at an angle only going the other way.

[iurl="http://tw200forum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=113937&d=1499139839"]
[/iurl]
Is there enough material to allow you to turn the carb outlet down in a lathe ... make it a slip insert fit like a stock setup?

#8 ·
Woohoo!

After waiting for more than two months my pumper carb finally arrived!

I'm tired of cruising a mere 75 mph, with this new high performance pumper carb I'll be able to cruise at around 80 mph on the open road

Ha ha, no I'm just joking, this carb just picked my curiosity because of its good price and my present original carb is still working but its age is beginning to show so I decided to go for this one

Is says "KEIHIN technology from Japan" on the carb, just give me a day or two and I will report back on my findings

So if you guys will please excuse me, I've got some work to do, I'm not going to rest until the carb is on my bike . . .

#12 · (Edited)
I just returned from my first proper test ride and . . . . . .

The carb is performing beyond expectations!

This is honestly the perfect match for the bike, no kidding

Firstly the bike start up at the blip of the starter button and secondly the bike pulls hard all the way from idle into the red line

I don't know what the fuel consumption is yet but performance wise this is an outright winner.

This is at least a 20% improvement over my previous stock slider carb, the acceleration pump squirts the extra fuel perfectly into the combustion chamber to give the bike that extra kick and on top of that the carb is very responsive for the smallest amount of input from the throttle

I still have to sort out one small glitch and then I'm going to do a full write-up about the installation, which was a bit tricky and required a lot of patience, but it was worth the effort

#15 · (Edited)
Toy Figurine Action figure

Here you go my friend, well earned!
Glad you don’t have to now source a bucket full of jets to fine tune the throttle response.
I have been interested in a pumper carb conversion that did not entail the uncertainty of tracking down and bringing together all the replacement parts to make this work. The previous members who attempted the TM-28-1 quietly disappeared without ever posting a sorted out solution; and the ‘CHEAP EASY CHINESE CARB” posts seem anything but easy since so the new carb was just the beginning of parts to be replaced. Never saw a completed parts list and jetting for one of these successfully completed conversions.
The best alternative to your kit I recently saw entailed fabricating just a new pull cable so as to retain the stock handlebar throttle assembly.
The complete kit you found seems to eliminates much of this uncertainty. :icon_thumright::icon_thumright:

#17 ·
Thank you Fred, Dryden-Tdub, Toecutter and fishguy

This looks like it may be too good to be true but so far it is working as a direct bolt-on replacement

The only issue is that the intake manifold needs to be heavily modified but I took enough photo's to walk you guys trough the conversion

and finally here is a short teaser video to show you that it is indeed working

expect a write-up within the next two days

#22 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.