TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In May of 2018 I enquired to Precision Motorcycle Racks to see if they had thought of making one for the TW. Got a quick reply that it was next on the list...

Behold, this morning I received an email that it was on the web store.

And surprise, there are side racks too!

Not affiliated, but I did just order a side luggage rack, as I had already purchased a Manracks front and rear rack.

·
Registered
6,453 Posts
In May of 2018 I enquired to Precision Motorcycle Racks to see if they had thought of making one for the TW. Got a quick reply that it was next on the list...

Behold, this morning I received an email that it was on the web store.

And surprise, there are side racks too!

Not affiliated, but I did just order a side luggage rack, as I had already purchased a Manracks front and rear rack.

They look really nice on the little mule!

Tom

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
nice looking racks...

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I like those side racks (y)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Looks sweet, but the price is basically x 15 for me + postage & import tax ? ? ? works out to about 2,2k

·
Registered
287 Posts
I really like those side racks. Looks like they use the same forward mount point as Cycleracks. Wonder if they can overlap and be used together? I was looking at photos side by side and it's pretty hard to tell.

·
Registered
968 Posts
look to be good quality. Side racks look good and would add protection and rigidity

·
Registered
494 Posts
The PMR side racks with a Manracks rear rack would be a nice setup!

Unfortunately the PMR rear rack is supported by the turn signals, so not useful for much of a load.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
they are nice racks, i bought one for my crf250l. pretty good prices also

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Got the racks yesterday.

Skookum build quality. SS hardware. Installation video on YouTube. Can really see how asymmetrical the bike is when looking at the design.

Put on today. Fit is perfect. Jig must be right on. All bolts line up so can easily finger thread on.

Only concern is protrusion of cap bolts on lower connections and proximity to Achilles tendon in a crash.

Right side is slightly higher than left side when on the bike.

·
Registered
287 Posts
That's sharp!

·
Banned
43 Posts
Load capacity should be higher because of how close they are to the passenger peg pivot point. Less stress on the subframe plus it would hold things lower for better handling. Does it look like they will work with the cyclerack, Northern Spy? I think that's a manrack in your picture, so, I would think so.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not sure if it would work with a cycle rack or not. Sorry. I have one on the Super Sherpa, but have never actually seen one on a Tdub.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts