1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
836 Posts
That tire is a beaut! Looking forward to your feedback on it. I wonder if it will be "bouncy" on the road, the lugs look like they may be close enough. If it is reasonably smooth on road and mounts well - you found my next tire!

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Nice looking tire....and Fred,,,,,,,you always find the nicest options.....I tried to do two likes, but couldn't figure out how to do it.lololol

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Are they bouncy or jiggly on an ATV? I am not a fan of enhanced options but those are nice.

·
Registered
13,338 Posts
I just put a Duro on... 300 miles... Buddy did one and then installed mine too View attachment 169778

I need to find a friend like you who can do all my TW maintenance work. Or at least your comment makes it sound like he did the work. If you actually mounted the tire you'll have to figure out a way next time for your friend to do it. Oh, I think I just pulled a muscle somewhere. Can you lube my chain for me? How about oil level, can you check it since your down there? :p You're gonna notice the improved traction big time.

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Did you mount these tires yet? I know some want to mount the tires Fred posted but I need ones that will go on the bike :)

So I just discovered and ordered this tire for $70 shipped on ebay. hoping its truly a light weight alternative to a bighorn/duro.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/26-x-8-14-TG-Tyre-Guider-Atlas-Utility-ATV-UTV-Tire/323130764552?hash=item4b3c182d08:g:siYAAOSwfqFaoufc&vxp=mtr

After my Duro exploded I hadn't had a reason to finish my swingarm stretch, but hoping this goes smoother. warm weather must be on the way...

·
Registered
19,409 Posts
Guess a bunch of you would like to mount the pair I posted.
Am curious as to the Atlas experience. Being more rounded it might feel more natural when transitioning from one type to another. I notice difference when going from my TrailWing to Duro equiped TWs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, I’m aware this post is over a year old 🤪....but there was never any follow up so I thought I’d give it a shot.

Got a TG Atlas from Amazon for $55 and decided to give it a try. Mounting wasn’t an issue once I broke out the BIG tire iron.
I decided to take the SLOW approach as I tried the Terra and high pressure and blew the bead....won’t do that again.

Day 1
NoMar tire lube
40 psi
Let it sit in the sun

Day 2
No change

Day 3
More lube....No change

Day 4
Same

Day 5
Same

Day 6
Not willing to trim the bead just yet. Gonna put it in a cage and try some more air and different lube....

Day 7-10.... no change:angryfire:

May have to resort to trimming the bead this weekend.

Trimmed the bead, 60psi....nothing

17F1C2F1-C310-4182-8D59-56FD15EBFCE0.jpeg
6436E721-F519-4546-A2B3-314B6FD6E56C.jpeg
0707CB23-3034-4E5B-99B1-F584E3432471.jpeg
232BBD7E-3586-4539-BD55-42E8DC9011DA.jpeg

1 - 20 of 24 Posts