TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wal-Mart. 45 bucks. Similar build quality to Pelican at 1/4 of the price.
Lockable, comes with 2 keys. I mounted directly to rack with 3 J hooks, (drilled through the case)large washers and wing nuts.
Sturdy as can be, cheap, lockable and looks good. Perfect.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
604 Posts
can you post the link for it?

Reactions: SanDue

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
115 Posts
What department in your local Walmart did you find this? I'm with TuggerHiller thinking this might be a pannier option too. Kind of like the Caribou Case idea.

Jay Dub

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hey Mkfchef, could you perhaps give the make and model, and in what department in WM you found it? Kinda looks like what I've been looking for. Thanks!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Might Be This One

Checking further, this case might well be a Plano 108021 All Weather™ Large Pistol/Accessory Case. On the Wal-Mart website they are $90.84. The best online price I'm seeing is $65 at Amazon (of course I gravitate there since I have Prime) so $45 would indeed be a good deal! Since they are sold as gun cases I'd check the gun department at Wal-Mart, but my guess is that it was a closeout of some sort.

A possible alternative might be a Plano 1065312 All Weather™ XL Pistol/ Accessory Case, $51.29 at Zoro. (I recently discovered and made a small purchase from Zoro, without issue.) Comparing these two products at Plano's website the dimensions are the same, and the descriptions are word for word identical, except at the end where the 108021 description says " . . . the cases are designed to withstand the continuous bumping and jarring of airline travel" and the 1065312 substitutes "field use" for "airline travel".

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Found the case in the gun section. I've seen them there for at least 2 months. There was only one left... I'll check next time I go and see if they stock more at the $44.95 that I paid. There are 3 more Wal Mart stores 25 min from me and I'll check those soon as well.

It's a really heavy case and not too big not too small. Hope you guys can find them where you are

·
Registered
41 Posts
Plano 108031 AW XL Pistol/Accessories Case Black. At Amazon it is $79.19 (Prime), but it measures 9.2 x 20.8 x 16.5 inches. That manual canister is 12 inches long, so that make his/her case about 12 inches wide!

I can't find it. I am going to Walmart tomorrow!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wal-Mart. 45 bucks. Similar build quality to Pelican at 1/4 of the price.
Lockable, comes with 2 keys. I mounted directly to rack with 3 J hooks, (drilled through the case)large washers and wing nuts.
Sturdy as can be, cheap, lockable and looks good. Perfect.

View attachment 17535 View attachment 17536 View attachment 17542 View attachment 17543
I believe the part number may be Model# 10-8020. Shows out of stock online, but available in store. Regular $89, on sale for $45.

·
Registered
285 Posts
try these cases from MCM electronics....some even less than $45...comparable to Pelican. they look almost identical

Weatherproof within Tool & Equipment Cases - MCM Electronics Category
Those do look like a good deal, but the 22" one is too wide for a Cyclerack, and the 18" one is only 6" deep on the inside, compared to the 7.25" inside the Plano. And the $8 shipping at MCM hurts a bit too, especially to one used to free shipping via Amazon Prime (or the free shipping at Zoro).

·
Registered
41 Posts
I went to Walmart today. They had no Plano gun cases in the store. I asked one of "associates" for help, and he ask that I wait there in sporting goods. After looking at everything that interested me - over ten minutes, I left. I hate shopping at Walmart! I too found it on-line but not on sale. Too bad because I was going to buy one at that price.

·
Registered
736 Posts
IMG_0113.jpg this looks like it might be it...matches the sizing
Plano 2 Pistol Case - Walmart.com

9 inches is pretty deep to swing a leg over unless you are 7 ft tall..lol. Even my Pelican 1550 isn't that deep, but its too tall.

as an example..here is my storage box. if I pull out one piece of foam there is quite a bit of space.

·
Registered
115 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts