TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished replacing the carburetor on my 2003 TW200 after breaking off one of the float pin supports arms on the old one. I had been intending to replace the needle and seat and bowl gasket due to slight leakage. The "Radracing" carburetor was purchased from Amazon including shipping for less than $50. The throttle cable holder was the only necessary part that needed changing from the old to the new carb. I did replace the float bowl screws with allen heads as noted in other postings. Rather than use an impact driver, I used a small visegrip to loosen and replace the screws one at a time. I did not want to pound on the carb. while it was sitting on its top.
The bike started and ran with only an adjustment to the idle speed. It needed no idle adjustment and revs to full throttle like a new machine. A test drive felt very peppy and responsive through all the gears with absolutely no hesitation. Very happy with the results and now wonder why a person would pay upwards of $50. for a rebuild kit. Hope this helps someone else that may screw up like I did!

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts
Senior Citizen,
Nice little write up. While my '07 with only 1,100 miles on it seems to run pretty dog-gone good, I'll keep this in mind if and when I might need a carb change. That is, it's still available if and when I need one.
Scott

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Senior Citizen,
Nice little write up. While my '07 with only 1,100 miles on it seems to run pretty dog-gone good, I'll keep this in mind if and when I might need a carb change. That is, it's still available if and when I need one.
Scott
One thing I forgot to mention is the idle mixture screw is just behind the float bowl drain screw and is adjustable while the engine is running. This should help the higher altitude riders. Will update if I have any issues in the future.
Ron

·
Registered
343 Posts
I bought one of these to learn about working on the carb, same results... no adjustment needed when installed. It's nice you can get them so cheap (I think I got mine on amazon last year for $35) and most of the reviews all say the same about install and it's ready-to-ride setup.

For me, it's also nice to just have a backup sitting around just in case as well.

Glad to hear another success story for this carb.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Ya know, purchasing one just to have a back up, is probably not a bad idea. Especially at that kind of price. I might have to think about this more seriously.
Scott

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya know, purchasing one just to have a back up, is probably not a bad idea. Especially at that kind of price. I might have to think about this more seriously.
Scott
Here is a better picture of the idle air adjustment screw. It is not behind the drain screw as I mentioned earlier. Also, the drain screw is slotted instead of Phillips so it is easier to loosen, etc.
Ron

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts