TW200 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Nope my riding career is boring.

Jumped on some old 2 stroke as a teen. Yeah that's cool but my friends had quads.

Jumped on a friends Busa in 2000. Rode around town and it didn't blow up my pickle or tickle a boat or whatever.

Saw a TW for the first time 8 months ago. Bought a TW 6 months ago. Ride it.
I'm taking the course soon because it'll lower my insurance rates.

·
Registered
263 Posts
My first street bike was a new 1978 Yamaha RD400. It was stolen in SoCal during my 1st 2 weeks of ownership LOL. Insurance cover it. I was 18 years old and had to take out a 21% HFC loan to get it. No easy credit in those days...

Everything you said about the 350 goes for the 400...
I've known some folks with the 400s also. Basically that whole era of Yamaha 2-strokes were intensely awesome. That is a bummer yours was stolen! What'd you get with the insurance money? Another RD400?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Nope my riding career is boring.

Jumped on some old 2 stroke as a teen. Yeah that's cool but my friends had quads.

Jumped on a friends Busa in 2000. Rode around town and it didn't blow up my pickle or tickle a boat or whatever.

Saw a TW for the first time 8 months ago. Bought a TW 6 months ago. Ride it.
I'm taking the course soon because it'll lower my insurance rates.
Wow, after riding a Busa and your getting a TW. The TWs are a blast. After getting bigger bikes I considered getting rid of it at one point but it is such a blast and so maneuverable that it is great. Now I have 3 bikes. I would probably sell either of my other 2 but I think I'lll keep the TW.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've known some folks with the 400s also. Basically that whole era of Yamaha 2-strokes were intensely awesome. That is a bummer yours was stolen! What'd you get with the insurance money? Another RD400?
I went right back to the dealer and got another RD! Consecutive serial numbers.The dealer threw in a set of cafe bars and a few bucks off the price for buying two bikes in a month LOL.

·
Registered
306 Posts
2016, a friend convinced me to buy a pair of 91 KDX200s... first motorcycles I’d ever owned... same friend takes me out on my first ride a guy and his kid walk up and compliment the bikes and ask if they can watch, I was already super stressed, my friend obliged them, tells me the clutch is just like a clutch on a car, give it some gas and let the clutch out... on a two stroke... no prior experience...

The bike unloads unto a wheelie and Superman’s all 350lbs of me behind it about 20ft and it rides over the other KDX and crashes into the curb, with an audience to boot.

Super good times.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts