TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I picked up my new bike a few weeks ago and have been having a ball with it. I actually traded a guy my XT350 for it. It's a 89 with just over 6k on it. It started life as an Ohio DMV training bike and went through a couple of owners before me. As you can see the last guy gave it a custom paint job. Not great but it will work for now. I've ridden in more in the last 3 weeks than I ever rode my XT. Most of the time I couldn't even get it started. I'm much more comfortable and secure feeling on this bike. I've got my temp permits and license plate and am planning on taking the safety course offered by the state next month.

The only thing I have done with the bike so far is take the OSU stickers off, put in a new battery and horn. I want to make a rack for the back and both of my rear signals are busted and need replaced. Right now they are being held together with cable ties and hose clamps. I'm also trying to piece together a replacement tool kit for it.

So thanks for the great site and all the info. Maybe someday I'll have something helpful to contribute.

Matthew

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Hello All,

I picked up my new bike a few weeks ago and have been having a ball with it. I actually traded a guy my XT350 for it. It's a 89 with just over 6k on it. It started life as an Ohio DMV training bike and went through a couple of owners before me. As you can see the last guy gave it a custom paint job. Not great but it will work for now. I've ridden in more in the last 3 weeks than I ever rode my XT. Most of the time I couldn't even get it started. I'm much more comfortable and secure feeling on this bike. I've got my temp permits and license plate and am planning on taking the safety course offered by the state next month.

The only thing I have done with the bike so far is take the OSU stickers off, put in a new battery and horn. I want to make a rack for the back and both of my rear signals are busted and need replaced. Right now they are being held together with cable ties and hose clamps. I'm also trying to piece together a replacement tool kit for it.

So thanks for the great site and all the info. Maybe someday I'll have something helpful to contribute.

Matthew

Anything as of yet?.Still riding?.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Welcome to the zooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (o;.. After watching many great vids from our happy owners I believe the dub is the coolest little bike on earth.... I can't get over the range of terrain they go in.. From rocks to water-mud-logs. So fix yours up just the way "YOU" want it and enjoy for many years.. My wife and I went out today for a 40+ mile ride on 80% gravel roads.. It's so cool to wander from pavement to dirt with ease.....You will become a true believer after some saddle time.... Happy trails. OMM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts