TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received my new front brake cable, 55tooth sprocket and chain yesterday.

and have a Acerbis Universal supermoto fender coming (black) http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/9/456/12865/ITEM/Acerbis-Universal-Supermoto-Evo-Front-Fender.aspx?WT.ac=SLIsearch

moose racing species headlight http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/9/195/34357/ITEM/Moose-Racing-Species-Headlight.aspx?WT.ac=SLIsearch

and some Smith Fuel v.2 goggles with some replacement lenses http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/6/4/25591/CITEM/Smith-Fuel-v-2-Goggles-Closeouts.aspx

Going to be busy my next day off after these come.. too bad it's 7 days away... grrr

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you notice that the headlight is for off road only, not DOT approved.

neither are my turn signals. But I figure that if I see people on MX bikes riding around this small town, I should be fine. If not, I'll face the consequences..

·
Registered
106 Posts
for sure man whos relay out there checking weather or not your stuff is dot approved. iv had my bike inspected at the same place for years now and its the same old song and dance break light turn signals.... pass

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Whether or not you'll have a problem depends on the LEO who pulls you over, how you behave when pulled over, and depratment policy.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we don't even get inspections.. I'm not too concerned at all. Besides, I only ride this bike when I am planning on being a hooligan. So if they are going to write me a ticket, it'll be for something like driving on grass, jumping a curb... being somewhere I'm not supposed to because it's a huge open field filled with mud and hills.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Customization ?

Extended swing arm : why ? Changes ? Handling ? Which length ??

Oil cooler : is someone making the cover for the pump ? I will take two !

Tires: are there ON ROAD. Tires fat that will fit the TW200 ? I need fat but I will be mostly on poorly paved/concrete roads here in the Caribbean.

Front wheel/tire: size ? 13". Or. 14". ??

Emillio

Caribbean

Island of St John.

USVI

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Welcome, Emillio! Good to hear from St. John. I was there last in 1974. Stayed in the anchorage at Calabash a few weeks, for I had a friend who lived right on Highway 107. Hired an islander to float my SL100 to the beach and my friend showed me some great roads. St. John has to be one of the most beautiful places on earth. Friendliest people I ever met. We left the keys in our bikes and didn't worry about anything--no crime at all, it seemed.

Customization ?

Awesome bikes ranging from land speed racers to hardtail bobbers to adventure to offroad endurance racers to cafe racers. Dubbers have built them all.

Extended swing arm : why ? Changes ? Handling ? Which length ??

Looks, mostly. Some have extended the swingarm to clear larger ATV tires.

Oil cooler : is someone making the cover for the pump ? I will take two !

Available from Japan. Not cheap.

Tires: are there ON ROAD. Tires fat that will fit the TW200 ? I need fat but I will be mostly on poorly paved/concrete roads here in the Caribbean.

Bridgestone TW203 and TW204 are factory installed in Japan. Shinko makes street tires. Michelin also.

Front wheel/tire: size ? 13". Or. 14". ??

Stock front tire is 130/80-18. The stock rear wheel with 180/80-14 tire can be mounted using a BW200 or BW350 front end and a bit of machine work, or an expensive kit from Japan.

For those that don't know, St. John is an island about 8 miles long and 4 miles wide, with very rugged terrain. The tallest peak is about 1500 feet tall, and only about 3/4 mile from the beach. 60% of the land area and most of the waters surrounding the island are a national park. Best vacation spot in the Carribean.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts