TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Read Only
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
00U0U_hjKdeq5HOK6_600x450.jpg

00c0c_kyI35dd1qrH_600x450.jpg

A moped! A 1980 Puch Maxi-luxe Hi torque. I've always wanted a moped, but just never got around to getting one.
I guess it's not technically a moped any way, as theres no pedals and only has a pedal arm on one side- so more like a mo-ha'ped maybe.

It doesn't run currently, but the engine turns over, which is good, and it seemingly has good compression. Luckily for me this particular model is one of the ones where the inside of the gas tank isn't made out of rust, so I've got that going for me. The tank does smell like 30 year old gas though, so my suspicion is that the carb and petcock are pretty gummed up.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Nice, I'd ride around on that little scooter anytime. (if it wouldn't fold in half with a fat boy on it) I kinda liked those... :D

Reactions: Smitty Blackstone

·
Read Only
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2016-05-07-13-02-41-1.jpg

It needed a few things...

All these parts in total come to more than I actually paid for the bike. [Although if I didn't buy the jet kits, bicycle chain side chain/sprockets, and brakes it would have been a bit less].

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Absolutely LOVE mopeds!

Still have a couple around in one of the garages.
Still mourning the loss (drunken sale) of my Beloved Sachs Westlake.

Have a Mobylette or two, and of course the MB5, but the MB5 is really a motorcycle.

·
Read Only
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, that's where I got all those parts from. I find they have a larger stock and a much more convenient website than myronsmopeds and 1977mopeds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts