TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

There is another choice for the Tw a 25x10x14 Terrs Cross. Got it on the rim with lots of force, straps but now I will see if it will miss the chain. Waiting for the bead to pop then I will mount it and show some pics.

Ronnydog

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Sudden feelings of inadequacy. I need a hug.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
i took my stock tire t-dub into real, sticky, franciscan melange mud today, and i was surprised how well it did.... that sick A** thing that thing must walk on water!

·
Registered
315 Posts
AWESOME, how much was that tire?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
An inch smaller, but an inch wider...hmmm interesting how that should work. I may have to deflate mine and put straps around it to help with the bead.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Hey Ronny; why don't you just go ahead and put a track on your bike? You know you want to! If anyone can do it; you can.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you ride 50/50, how many miles with that thing last?

I think it will last about the same as the the other 26x9-14 tires.

Alex I bought the tire a few years ago, took it to the motorcycle shop and they said there is no way that tire will fit that rim but they tried. So I put it in storage. I got a wild hair to make it fit and after some sweat and sore knees its on. I think they are about $150.00.

Kwizard mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm track sounds good!

Ronnydog

·
Registered
572 Posts
I think it will last about the same as the the other 26x9-14 tires.

Alex I bought the tire a few years ago, took it to the motorcycle shop and they said there is no way that tire will fit that rim but they tried. So I put it in storage. I got a wild hair to make it fit and after some sweat and sore knees its on. I think they are about $150.00.

Kwizard mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm track sounds good!

Ronnydog

Yah! I knew it!

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
An inch smaller, but an inch wider...hmmm interesting how that should work. I may have to deflate mine and put straps around it to help with the bead.

The straps were to hold the tire on the rim only for the install.

Whats up with your TW150 3 speed?

Ronnydog

·
Registered
7,369 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
LOL hahaha

·
Registered
315 Posts
Seems like it would greatly improve traction if the tire stays seated and what not, would a heat gun help ronny or possibly putting it in an oven at low heat? sorry not trying to sound dumb just spit balling.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Seems like it would greatly improve traction if the tire stays seated and what not, would a heat gun help ronny or possibly putting it in an oven at low heat? sorry not trying to sound dumb just spit balling.
When it seats it will not move it just takes time. Heat will help and the heat gun could work. Patience my friend, Our patience will achieve more than our force.

PatienceDog

·
Registered
469 Posts
I went to a garage, years back, and was trying to set a bead on an ATV tire, and had trouble getting it. Then the guy at the shop said he had just the trick and went into the back room and came out with what looked like a propane tank, similar looking to one used for a grill. I remember thinking, " What in the hell is he gonna do with that? " And it ends up he, had fabricated a custom nozzle that was flat and narrow about 4". The nozzle was mounted to a quick open pluming valve that he can also hook up to his compressor in the shop and fill it with compressed air. He LOADED it up with TONS of pressure and then with the tire and rim laying flat on the ground, turned the tank upside down, placed the nozzle right in the little gap between the rim and bead. Then quickly opened up the valve and just unloaded the entire tank in a split second into the tire, and the force was so powerful it filled the tire and popped the bead instantly...

Was really impressive, and kinda crazy too.

Has any one ever seen this before? I've haven't seen anyone else do this except for this one guy....

MIght be a way to mount up these big tires quickly....

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I have said this on here before and it is just my opinion. Someone here is going to get seriously hurt or killed one of these days trying to mount one of these tires. Please be careful folks. Yes they look cool, yes they may provide a little more traction and yes if you do this incorrectly you can catostrophically explode the tire and kill yourself in the process. I would like to see people post more about what safety precautions they take and let people know that this is dangerous. Lets do what we can to help prevent a mishap.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I was thinking that as I was writing the last post. Gotta chime in about some safety.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts