TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
6-ply. Wouldn't surprise me if it is really heavy. Should be great offroad, but will probably do weird things on pavement, as most aggressive tires do.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
6-ply. Wouldn't surprise me if it is really heavy. Should be great offroad, but will probably do weird things on pavement, as most aggressive tires do.
Lighter than the 5.10 x 18 K270. The tread pattern of the K775 looks similar to the Dunlop 606 which some people seem to praise for dirt mostly dual sport. That K772 seems somewhat less aggressive than the 760 trackmaster.DOT approved.I do agree it doesn.t look like the best street tire.

·
Registered
457 Posts
The 110/100-18 is almost exactly the same as our original, maybe a little narrower.

If you do the math it's about a half inch shorter and almost an inch narrower. Neither of those factors should be an issue, except your rim may be a little more exposed than usual. The stock rim is 2.5 inches wide and most 110/100 tires call for a 1.85 or a 2.15 inch wide rim. It will probably fit but may not be ideal.

The 6 ply will probably make the sidewall a little stiffer so the bike will turn quicker. I installed a Kenda Big Block 140/80-18 on my TW and it steers so much faster now with the stiffer sidewall.

If you do this make sure to take pictures and post results. It looks like this tire will have some serious bite off road!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you do the math it's about a half inch shorter and almost an inch narrower. Neither of those factors should be an issue, except your rim may be a little more exposed than usual. The stock rim is 2.5 inches wide and most 110/100 tires call for a 1.85 or a 2.15 inch wide rim. It will probably fit but may not be ideal.

The 6 ply will probably make the sidewall a little stiffer so the bike will turn quicker. I installed a Kenda Big Block 140/80-18 on my TW and it steers so much faster now with the stiffer sidewall.

If you do this make sure to take pictures and post results. It looks like this tire will have some serious bite off road!
I didn't do the math cause I'm one of the few Canadians that hate metric.
The specs for the K775 on the Kenda website say 110/100-18 has a diameter of 26.35 inches and a section width of 4.98 inches. I couldn't find the diameter of the original Bridgestone but figured that was pretty close.

The tires do look pretty aggressive for the road but I thought because of the DOT rating someone may have tried them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts