TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local motorcycle shop where I bought my Tw from (and also sold me the rainbow warrior parts bike that we dismembered) just called and said they had two tw tires that they would sell for cheap cuz guy that ordered them didn't want them and they don't want to send them back. I really don't need tires right now but anyone else looking for any? they said $72 for front and $111 for rear. I'll go look at them and snap a few pics of them.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
never mind, just stock tires and regular online prices. Guess could probably save on shipping but my tires are almost new.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
The stock rear is under $100 delivered and a much better front, Shinko or Kenda is around $50. Your dealer wants full price plus!

GaryL

Reactions: littletommy

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Ripoff.

Reactions: TWilight

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Someone here was going to give me a rear tire for free. I just had to pay shipping cost. Shipping cost on a rear tire from a couple states away was $85 bucks, not in a box. Just wraped in paper like they come from anywhere else. "F" that..!!!! These vendors that sell tires online must have some kinda contract deal, cuz like Garry said, they are cheaper including the shipping cost. My friend owns a Suzuki dealership, and gives me his cost on what I buy from him. Some online prices are less than what he pays for some items. It falls into that A B or C cost list. Meaning the more of an item you buy, the less you pay. These more popular online vendors buy in bulk, and or don't have a warehouse or overhead. Some just list on website, you buy from and pay them, product ships direct from manufacturer or distributor. The vendor/seller could be a guy in a small appartment sitting at his computer in his underwear, and could be one of the biggest online dealers. This is how it's done. Look at Amazon for example (thousands of people sitting in their underwear.....just kidding). Lowest prices, and sell everything and anything. They only stock what their invested in. If I buy 100 tires an year from say Shinko, and you buy 3,000 tires from them. Who do you think will pay less per tire? It's all about moving product at volume, with little to no overhead.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yeah. I agree. Not much of a deal. Ripoff Is a bit strong as he does need to make a profit to keep the doors open. I do try to buy stuff from him cuz like them and always gives great free advice.
I have a golden boy on front so wasn't interested much in a front stock tire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts