TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two friends of mine have TW200s and so, obviously, I fell head over heels. I love the look, sturdiness and simplicity of the TW200. I am so excited to own one! But, my bike needs a little repair and my friend suggested I join the forum and post here because you’ve all been very helpful to him.
I did my research and knew I was looking for a 2001 or newer... in my excitement; however, I may have gotten a little ‘burnt’ on my purchase... 🙄 My ‘new’ TW200 needs both mirrors, 2 rear directionals and some TLC. I should probably start with locating an owners/service manual and those parts. Any and all advice on the best place to find those items and to look for others as I discover I need them will be very helpful!
RodeyGirl

·
Registered
679 Posts
Welcome to The Bestest, Mostest, Greatest, Friendliest, Funniest T-Dub Site in All The Universe!

Blinkers

Mirrors
Right Hand Mirror with left hand thread

Also order the Ken Sean-970510 Universal Mirror with right hand thread that will work on the left hand side

Best of luck on your project,
Marty

·
Registered
693 Posts
Welcome aboard! If the bike doesn't have mirrors on it already, I would check the mirror mounting threads on the clutch/brake perch and make sure that they aren't stripped out.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! Not sure if all these are working still but here is info on downloadable manuals.
Service & Repair Manuals.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to The Bestest, Mostest, Greatest, Friendliest, Funniest T-Dub Site in All The Universe!

Blinkers

Mirrors
Right Hand Mirror with left hand thread

Also order the Ken Sean-970510 Universal Mirror with right hand thread that will work on the left hand side

Best of luck on your project,
Marty
MARTY!
Thank you so much for the info. I am on it! Maybe I'll do a before/after shot to show what we accomplished! Ordered everything up per your suggestions. Thanks again and have a great day. Pam

·
Registered
679 Posts
MARTY!
Thank you so much for the info. I am on it! Maybe I'll do a before/after shot to show what we accomplished! Ordered everything up per your suggestions. Thanks again and have a great day. Pam
Absolutely, we all love pictures. As you will find exploring the forum, there are more than one topic areas dedicated to motopics. You are welcome and again, good luck and have fun!

Marty

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I used to have an '01....many years ago....you're going to love it. Not that the model has changed much since, but that vintage will always hold a special place in my heart.

If it's in your budget....get a set of Double-Take mirrors, although you'll need to get an adapter for the left side; for some reason, Yamaha put a reverse thread on that one. The adapters aren't expensive and the double-take mirrors are great; you'll get to see something other than your own shoulders.
Think about installing an Iridium spark plug too...better cold starts...and don't forget a fuel filter.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
There is a TW200 Pocket Reference App that comes in handy sometimes!

Reactions: RodeyGirl
1 - 13 of 13 Posts