TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all, I've been reading the forum for about a year, and about 6 months ago finally picked up a 87 TW and joined the forum. My TW has around 5600 miles on it and runs like a top. From reading the forums I have learned so much, that I feel like
I know this bike inside and out. So far I have changed out the handlebar and added 30 mm risers, removed sprockets (14-60) and stock chain and replaced with stock sprockets (14-50) and o-ring chain, changed oil and filter, and cleaned air filter, and replaced rear brakes. I cut off the rear footpegs and left the guards on, and did the mule nuts on the seat. Next on the list to do are the steering neck bearings and servicing the forks. I have put about 300 miles on sense i got the bike, most of it in the
hills around lake wenatchee. Another thing I would like to do is replace all the phillips head fasteners with allens, or bolt heads. I know some of you have done this, so if you can point me in the right direction to buy these I would apreciate it. Between myself and two other friends, we now have five TW's. Thank you all for the great info.....

·
Registered
13,727 Posts
Holy moly, you have been reading the forum!:D

Welcome officially to the forum, though you've actually been around for a while. Pretty area to ride too!

·
Super Moderator
18,061 Posts
Welcome fellow Washingtonian!! :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hello to all, I've been reading the forum for about a year, and about 6 months ago finally picked up a 87 TW and joined the forum. My TW has around 5600 miles on it and runs like a top. From reading the forums I have learned so much, that I feel like
I know this bike inside and out. So far I have changed out the handlebar and added 30 mm risers, removed sprockets (14-60) and stock chain and replaced with stock sprockets (14-50) and o-ring chain, changed oil and filter, and cleaned air filter, and replaced rear brakes. I cut off the rear footpegs and left the guards on, and did the mule nuts on the seat. Next on the list to do are the steering neck bearings and servicing the forks. I have put about 300 miles on sense i got the bike, most of it in the
hills around lake wenatchee. Another thing I would like to do is replace all the phillips head fasteners with allens, or bolt heads. I know some of you have done this, so if you can point me in the right direction to buy these I would apreciate it. Between myself and two other friends, we now have five TW's. Thank you all for the great info.....
Been trying to get some of my friends on TWs to no avail...

·
Registered
254 Posts
Welcome Aboard Olphart:)!!!!!! I have one Tdub, don't need two, but want another one for no apparent reason?????????

How come you cut your Wheelie Pegs off? Shoulda left at least one:rolleyes:!

God Bless

MAC

Reactions: Jon62602

·
Registered
638 Posts
Congrats and have fun there. Nothing like toys that make grown men feel like boys.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like I won't get any riding in this weekend, all roads north of hiway 2 have been closed to the public due to fire danger...

·
Registered
13,727 Posts
Ya, that sucks. North Idaho in about the same boat. Some people don't ride cause it's raining and some of us can't ride cause it's burning! Darn the luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts