TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got home with a new to me 2015 TW200. It only has 792 kms on the clock (492 miles) Paid $3000 CDN ($2268 US) . My daughter wants to ride trails with me so this will be great. My 99 had a bit of a pout on when she first saw me ride the new one into the garage but soon realized I have enough love for both of them.
017.JPG

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"Very nice Pete look forward to meeting up for another trail ride together. Sweet deal"

Yes Mike I think we should add an extra day this time and maybe in the early fall. Redbridge is amazing in the fall.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Nice bike and a great deal. And another youngster gets to ride.

Reactions: Peterb

·
Registered
258 Posts
"Very nice Pete look forward to meeting up for another trail ride together. Sweet deal"

Yes Mike I think we should add an extra day this time and maybe in the early fall. Redbridge is amazing in the fall.
Well I won't have any vacation time left but I'd be up for a Saturday ride again just depends when. Guys at work are planning another fall trip to ardbeg too but no set date for that. Spent Sunday giving the TW some well earned love with a full tune new chain and sprockets (14/47) and some bigger foot pegs.

Gearing change is a huge improvement and is perfectly geared now for my use. Still very off road friendly but much much better for my daily commute.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What did you buy for a chain Mike? I'm just regearing my new bike 14/45 and looking at this chain https://fortnine.ca/en/ek-428-sro-z-sport-series-o-ring-chain . I put a DID on my 99 but was not impressed with the way I had to pretty well press the plate on because it was so tight on the pins and the clip was pretty crappy right out of the box so I had to use the one off my spare link. Yep gearing it up makes it alot nicer on the street.... and the top end is wicked!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm just regearing my new bike 14/45 and looking at this chain https://fortnine.ca/en/ek-428-sro-z-sport-series-o-ring-chain .
That's the one I bought about a month ago (also from FortNine) along with the JT 45-tooth rear. No issues with the master link; I was getting ready for a fight but it went right together the first try. I was adjusting my stock chain after every ride, haven't had to touch this one since I put it on.

·
Registered
258 Posts
That's the exact chain I bought and from fort nine to boot. Worked well enuff went togeather ok used a needle nose vise grips to push master link togeather with the o rings and slid clip on with masterlinke pliers pretty uneventful really. Found it funny on that site that 136links cost ALOT LESS than the 130 link. Considering I had to cut anyways why spend more for less.

Going with a 45 you can probly get away with a 120link chain. But 45 be too tall for a TW to carry me, 47 seems about right I tell you for sure in a few weeks when I up north with my brother trail riding (His has stock gearing still).

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tinybear
Yep the pricing is strange. Ya I went with the 120 link as I see the 14/45 ebay kits come with a 118.
Up North trail riding? Where? As of Friday I am off for 4 weeks. Going to take off on my FZ6 for an adventure but might be back by then.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Whole famdamily going to ardbeg on 21 and 22. My brothers in town then and he brought his TW along with his daughter and her ATV. So plan is to go up there for a few days with the three ATVs and the two TWs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts