TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever needed a socket but the nut so far down a long thread that even a deep socket didn't reach? Or a tight spot that the socket and wrench were too tall to fit? I have. A few days ago I stumbled upon a pass-through socket set on Amazon. Wow! I want one! So I ordered one this morning. This kit contains the sockets for both metric and American sized fasteners. It does not have the pass through extension. For that, the kit was $10 more. Figured I didn't need it that bad.... yet. Ha! Here's a link;

Amazon Pass-Through Socket Set

Once I get it, I'll review it.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I have this exact socket set and though I do not use it often, when it is needed it works great.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HF has those for $20. Very useful at times.
That's a great price. However, there is no HF near me. Shipping brings the price up to Amazon range.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
pretty slick set. I have used ratcheting box wrenches for that pass through application

·
Registered
77 Posts
Those are pretty handy.
Bought this years ago, used a couple of times.
Kinda along the same lines, rarely used , but when needed, indispensable:

·
Registered
416 Posts
pretty slick set. I have used ratcheting box wrenches for that pass through application
Yes. They are one of my Canadian Tire spontaneous purchases when they are on sale for 80% off. (But honey, I don't have the stubby flex head ratcheting set in metric yet...)

Reactions: troll
1 - 8 of 8 Posts