TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Super Moderator
Well, it was still in the back of the truck. Had a 98 for a year or so and just picked up a nice 94. Now my son and I can both hit the trails!

View attachment 29821
Made us look!!! What suckers we are!!! :D Nice Joke bro...

Registered

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

Registered
what did you trade for it? what motor ended up in it? a 223cc?

Super Moderator
We wondered how long it would take for somebody to spot that :D we made a trade this weekend and I feel I am very lucky to get ahold of this amazing bike!!

If you only knew how much time and work that went into that bike!!! YOU FLAT OUT SCORED BRO!!! :eek:

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
If you only knew how much time and work that went into that bike!!! YOU FLAT OUT SCORED BRO!!! :eek:
Oh trust me I know how much went into this bike......I'm not worthy :p Mike said he would probably chime in today with some details of his insanity. The bike is still a 200cc but with high compression piston and cam, original carb and DG slip on, it is a big difference from my stock 98 TW. He got my Honda XR400 with E-start in the deal that he has BIG (as in BW) plans for. Bumble Bee will be well taken care of dont worry!!

Super Moderator
Oh trust me I know how much went into this bike......I'm not worthy :p Mike said he would probably chime in today with some details of his insanity. The bike is still a 200cc but with high compression piston and cam, original carb and DG slip on, it is a big difference from my stock 98 TW. He got my Honda XR400 with E-start in the deal that he has BIG (as in BW) plans for. Bumble Bee will be well taken care of dont worry!!

I knew you had to know all about it... :D

Mike's a very talented man!!! That is one cool bike bro!!!

I really miss him around here; I hope he does come say hi...at least.

I've got nothing but respect for Mike.

He really helped me one time when I was trying to find out information on a sidecar project that I had been considering for my dub. He probably saved me 6 grand maybe???

He really is a great guy. I wonder how his family and little baby are doing? He had the cutest pictures of his new baby sitting in a motorcycle helmet.

Registered
It's true guys... I've parted with my beloved Tdub. I'm sure I'll get another one someday, a 2001 or newer all stock one, then I can go through a complete build again!!
Poor Bumble Bee has been collecting more cobwebs than miles thanks to work and babies... That will ease up in a few years and I'll be back in the saddle again.
Brian has promised to ride the wheels off of it, so no more collecting cobwebs for a bike that deserves better than what I was giving it. He's a great guy and already owned a TW. We met through this forum and a local sand rail forum. He let me know that he wanted to sell his nice xr400r to purchase another Tdub to ride with his son. I knew of an awesome one that was getting used.....
I plan to put balloon tires on the xr400 and make it a Tdub-ish bike with the more powerful 400cc engine. Should be a hoot!!!
I try to check in from time to time.
Thanks for all the kind words and support over the past few years!!
Ride On!!!
Mike

Registered
It's true guys... I plan to put balloon tires on the xr400 and make it a Tdub-ish bike with the more powerful 400cc engine. Should be a hoot!!! I try to check in from time to time.Mike
Please DO include your build here for us to learn from and enjoy. Your build was so inspiring when I first started looking at this bike. LOVE the work and dedication you poured into it. And I envy the color scheme LOL. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm stoked to read more about your proposed TW400!

Registered
Congratulations to Bmgm37 (Brian) for being the lucky guy to get Mr. Bracket's fully farkled & adventurized TW!

Congratulations to mrbracket (Mike) for getting one of my all-time favorite bikes, a Honda XR400 (especially since it has an electric starter and he is planning to convert it to a fat tire bike!)

Mr. Bracket - we have a lot of new members here who I am sure would enjoy seeing pics of your earlier fat tire build, I believe that it was a CR450F, wasn't it?

Can't wait to see the XR400 fat tire build!

Registered
Here's a pic of the one I built a few years back. If you type "fatcat 450r" into Google, you'll find tons more info.
The 400 will be a mild version and I plan to make the bike look vintage, along the lines of an old scrambler..
Will be fun.

Registered
Love the innovative radiator move! Now that's cool! :cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts