TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats going on board?? i just bought a 2010 tw200. man i love this thing. i want to give it the streetfighter look since it wont be driven off road. i have found some headlight kits i like, im thinking i want to do the acerbis cyclops with HIDs. what are you guys doing for the tail? i want a single LED that has the brake and turn signal integrated in it, like what people put on the r6 and gixxers. also what year did they make black plastics for this bike so i can order them.

this is kinda the look im going for

·
Registered
351 Posts
Lose the bitch sticks!

Yeah, fun bikes....I am going to install a flexible strip super bright LED combo tail/turn signal unit I bought from Custom Dynamics. Used one before on my ZX-10 and love it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
got everything ordered, cyclops headlight, low pro led blinkers, black rear fender, license plate bracket for undertail, led rear stop/turn. now i just to get the gas tank powdercoated matte black and im good to go. i cant wait till my mini streetfighter is all together! can these things run HIDs or are do they not put out enough power to get the ballasts to light off?

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
You can makem look neat but unless you swap engines, you still ain't gonna win many street fights.

Phelonius

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not trying to win races, got the banshees and mustang for that. Anyone know what size bulbs the acerbis cyclops takes so I can order HIDs?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That will cost you power, turning a trail bike into a "street fighter" is like turning a Jeep into a sports car, good luck. You might want to try a Suzuki DRZ400, it will work.

im gonna lose power with the slip on? this is my first bike so im gonna ride it for a year then DRZ is the exact bike i was gonna move up to. i do have 2 banshees and a bunch of jet skis tho

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hi and welcome.

That's a wonderful brand new shiny 2010 TW200, why tear it apart and modify it completely? I can understand doing that on an old TW, but this one looks so sweet like that... aaaw if I only could buy a new TW here...

·
Registered
572 Posts
im gonna lose power with the slip on? this is my first bike so im gonna ride it for a year then DRZ is the exact bike i was gonna move up to. i do have 2 banshees and a bunch of jet skis tho

Yes, for some reason, you lose top end, don't ask me why, check the older posts, plus it sounds like a broken lawnmower. I've always changed to after market exhaust in the past but not on the TW. Just change to some street tires work the carb and try sprocket changes. I've read the bike will run good on the corners but you know what happens on the straights. The problem with the DRZ is the 2x6" seat, seat height and weight.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Yes, for some reason, you lose top end, don't ask me why, check the older posts, plus it sounds like a broken lawnmower. I've always changed to after market exhaust in the past but not on the TW. Just change to some street tires work the carb and try sprocket changes. I've read the bike will run good on the corners but you know what happens on the straights. The problem with the DRZ is the 2x6" seat, seat height and weight.

I think we should page Catamount and ask him his thoughts on the FMF. He installed one on the nice build he documented here. I was planning on ordering one too. Re-jetting is likely required, but I had not seen anything negative related to their installation.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think we should page Catamount and ask him his thoughts on the FMF. He installed one on the nice build he documented here. I was planning on ordering one too. Re-jetting is likely required, but I had not seen anything negative related to their installation.

Yea see if you can find out what his jetting setup is, not planning on doing any other mods, just wanted something cool looking to cruise around on, and I'm in love with the streetfighter look

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Was the pipe you heard the fmf 2 or 4?

1 - 20 of 81 Posts