TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked my first bike in over 20 years and after a year of contemplation I decided on the tw200. I picked up a 2015 with 400km's on Friday but due to work I haven't been able to take it out for a good ride yet. With it came an uninstalled luggage rack.

I installed a rack today and now the seat won't go on properly is that normal?

Chad.

I'm located in cranbrook, B.C. In case there are any other tw riders near by.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
I just picked my first bike in over 20 years and after a year of contemplation I decided on the tw200. I picked up a 2015 with 400km's on Friday but due to work I haven't been able to take it out for a good ride yet. With it came an uninstalled luggage rack.

I installed a rack today and now the seat won't go on properly is that normal?

Chad.

I'm located in cranbrook, B.C. In case there are any other tw riders near by.
Some racks do require you to trim the seat pan just a bit for a flush fit. Pull the staples from the seat cover, trim the pan and maybe just a little of the foam. Staple the seat cover back down nice and snug.

Tom

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Maybe that's why the rack was not installed....;) Without knowing what rack it is or at least a pic we can't really help you. Any of the racks we are familiar with do not cause seat problems.
Not entirely true. I have one that I bought from another member "I honestly don't remember who makes it" but several of us have them and I like the rack pretty well. The seat will fit back on but it does stick up a bit in the back if you dont trim the pan.

Tom

PS. It is the "Moose racing" rack.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
The Moose Racing rack, which is also the same as the Borrega rear rack.......IF installed correctly.........the seat will go back on just fine.

I know, because that is the first rack I had. The seat is snug, and needs to be flexed a bit to fit back on with the Moose/Borrega rack in place, but.....there is NO need to trim the seat pan.

Unless....you come from a state that has consistently lost the Apple Wars competition, and they are suffering from small apple syndrome......then you need to trim the seat pan.

But, new member Cdueck is from British Columbia, and that province is also known for growing delicious apples. Not LARGE ones like we grow in Washington, but delicious ones from BC.
Must be ALL that bull crap piled up around Washington that grows those apples so big! At least they taste that way.........:p

Tom

·
Registered
13,413 Posts
Welcome cdueck. I've been through Cranbrook once on our way to Alaska. Hope you have fun on your TW.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts