TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from southern Arizona! New to this site and have my desires locked in on one of these bikes! Well actually I need two of them. I am looking around here and there...but if any one of you folks here have a couple for sale?

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes...I saw those and am going to wait and see for now. I keep reading about other members scoring sweet deals. Perhaps I may encounter such a deal myself!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Welcome to the forum from WI. All three of mine will be available in the spring. But that doesn’t help you now. Plus I’m in WI.

There have been some really good deals recently. Some on here, others on CL. But the good deals are still rare. As GaryL says, search as often as you can and have cash on hand because the good ones go fast.

Good luck with your search. Watch this thread because the folks here tend to share many of the opportunities...

https://www.tw200forum.com/forum/tw200-classifieds/4804-tws-craigslist.html

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Welcome from NY.
Have patience and understand you might have to travel to get "a deal". Figure your time and fuel into the equation. You are in a 365 days a year to ride environment (except when it's too hot). I've scanned Phoenix craigslist for a couple months now because I'd like to keep a bike out there by my daughter (Tempe) and/or cousin (Gilbert). I've found traditional dirt bikes/Dual Sports are actually less out there than they are out east. Maybe because there are so many of them.

However the oddball TW which can fit into any category you set it up for (or at least imagine it is) seems to be higher priced in good condition used.

For the price those two good looking used bikes are going for throw a number at them, but only after you have seen them in person, not before over the phone. Cash in your pocket is a big incentive if you see a bike sitting and sitting on the classifieds.
All they can say is no. Good Luck with your hunt.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I think those two 2015 are a good deal. Basically a new bike. They may not run well if the owner didn’t know how to tune the carb for the aftermarket pipes.. I agree with Stagewex go ride them, bring cash and make an offer. Just what you’re looking for if legit low mikes are great. You’ll be able to tell if they are legit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi!! Also new😊 Where in southern AZ? Did you find a bike yet? I’m near Sierra Vista. In the process of getting one ~ fingers crossed the deal goes thru�� Will be my first bike!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome & good luck with your search. I missed out on 3 different ones last year, so started searching earlier this year. I may have paid a little more than i see some folks get deals for, BUT, its a great bike, hard to find, and I figured at this price range, a few hundred more to get a nice one instead trying to get the "perfect" deal, was worth it. I wound up getting it from the local Yamaha dealer, they had taken it in and hadn't advertised it yet, still too early in the year, they still had it out back. I worked out a cash deal and am comfortable I got them as low as they were going to go for an out the door price. they know how these little bikes hold their value, kinda like a Jeep CJ, they drop to a certain point, and then don't go lower w/o something major happening to it, like a wreck or something.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts